Mar 23, 2011

Curling Up

{Sweater dress, knee socks and ring - Forever 21}
In my mind, there is nothing better than curling up on the couch on a rainy day with a good book, a cup of tea and jazz music softly playing in the background.  That's about as good as it can possibly get for me.  I know, my life sounds pathetic.  But for me, this is the perfect combination of comfort, coziness and ultimate relaxation.  The most important thing I have learned from my husband so far, is that I need to learn to relax more.  I have always been a busy bee, running from one thing to the next; I absolutely thrive in a fast-paced environment.  I never had the time or patience for this thing you call "relaxing".  As far as I knew, it was the Greek term for "a slow and painful death".   That is, until I got married.  I observed how relaxed my hubby always seemed, compared to my frantic and spastic self.  He would come home, forget everything that had happened that day, relax and just enjoy the moment.  I would marvel at how peaceful and stress-free he seemed and knew that he knew something that I didn't know.  But I knew that I wanted to know what he knew.  Follow?  And that's when it finally punched me in the neck - that there is real value in taking the time to curl up with your favorite things and just relax.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo