Apr 20, 2011

Banana Bread

No matter how many bananas we eat, it always seems like we can never eat a whole bunch before they start to go bad.  It is like the banana fairy visits us during the night and leaves us her gift of over-ripe bananas, which of course neither of us like.  So my solution for "re-gifting" is to make banana bread, because who doesn't love banana bread?  I found this recipe a couple years ago and loved it so much that I have not even bothered to try any other.  Being the treat monster that I am, I prefer my banana bread on the sweeter side so I have added a few little extras to make it more of a dessert.  If you want to get even more sinful with it, top with cream cheese frosting!

Banana Bread (makes 1 loaf)
Ingredients:
8 Tablespoons butter at room temp (1 stick)
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla
Extras:
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chocolate chips
Cinnamon and sugar mixed (sprinkle around all sides of pan and on top of batter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease 9x5x3 bread pan.  Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Sift flour, baking soda and salt together, stir in whole wheat flour and add to creamed mixture, mixing well.  Fold in bananas, vanilla and any extras.  Pour mixture into pan, bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool in pan 10 minutes, then on wire rack.  Best when served warm!







7 comments:

  1. Looks delicious!!! Thanks for your comment and for following! I'm following too!!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks tasty!
    Nice blog :) I am following :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks YUM!
    xx
    Shellena
    www.mintalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your answer... I'm very happy and obviously I follow you!!! ^^
    I would like to visit my blog again!!! ;D
    kisses
    marti

    ps. I'm cooking the bread... but I'm a disaster!!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG you need to send me some of this via airmail!
    it looks so yummy! nomomomom!
    Hope youll follow me, and ill follow you back as your blog is amazing :)

    sharlxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo