Apr 22, 2011

Errand Errors

{Blazer, watch, tank - Target; Scarf - TJ Maxx; Earrings, bracelets, bag, jeans - F21; Shoes - Bakers} 

I seem to have this incredible knack for learning things in life the hard way.  Like learning that hot pots are not supposed to be placed directly on a laminate countertop - don't ask my mom about that one, it is still a sore subject 20 years later.  Or learning that a curved umbrella handle is made to fit in your hand, not your mouth . . . yeah, again, don't ask because I most certainly will not tell.  My brother, however, would be more than happy to tell you.
Well, after the past few years of being a more responsible adult and having only a limited block of time to run errands, I have one more lesson to add to the list: think before you run.  There have been countless times that I have just run out the door without thinking about what I am wearing or what I need to bring with me and it has made for some very unproductive and miserable outings.  I have learned that leaving the house in ratty old sweats has the potential to lead to some embarrassing moments, and wearing my highest heels is terribly uncomfortable and exhausting if I am running all over town.  I have also learned that carrying a clutch just takes up useful hand space, no matter how cute it is and to wear or bring plenty of layers since the weather changes faster than gas prices.  So here is my methodology for a day of running errands: get dressed, be comfortable, keep your hands free and don't forget anything.  You do not have to look like you are going to a black tie event, just look put together; throw on a blazer, a scarf or some jewelry, and you will look like you know what you are doing.  You never know who you might run in to and I bet you do not want to look like you rolled out of bed and onto a train track when the person you run in to just happens to be an ex-boyfriend.  You can thank me later.


25 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! I love your shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it you look c-squared (cute & comfy)! Effortless!
    xx
    Shellena
    mintalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice blog !

    http://cuteredbow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great advice and gorgeous outfit post

    sharlxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like your outfit!


    kisses from La Mode En Rose = )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect outfit for running about town. I love it, especially the accessories. :-) Beautiful, and so put together! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your heels!!
    and the bag is sooo pretty.
    love that color blue <3
    Real pretty :)

    Im following you now too!!
    :D

    http://anhourafteryesterday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute and effortless! Great tips ;) U always have the cutest scarves! xo//Andrea Marie http://peaceloveandreamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great look! So jealous of your handbag, the colour is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I reckon that advice will be very useful one day, you're right, you really don't know who you're going to bump into when your looking really bad :) & great look, I love your blazer and handbag :)


    Day By Diva
    Day By Diva
    Day By Diva

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blazer and love your shoes.
    Nice blog- Following : )

    x
    Michelle
    www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. great shoes, love the scarf

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm always a mom slob when I run errands. I will keep your tips in mind in case I run into another blogger! This happened to two Seattle bloggers recently and can happen again. We seem to frequent the same spots! I can only wish to look as gorgeous as you do in this outfit!

    Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice outfit!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a stylish outfit! Great colors, and prints!


    Fashezine

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm following you. Thanks for the lovely comment and I like your outfit ^^
    Alla moda e con stile

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the look dear, but those shoes are gorgeouss!!! REally originals :)

    http://flavorforyoureyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. ♥Nice post.) Love your blog.))♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. ooh, love this gorgeous look. The colours are SO fabulous and I'm loving the added scarf... such a fantastic pattern & pretty touch to the outfit. Oh and your foyer is fantastic. I see that you have lovely taste. Haha, yes I've usually run into ex-boyfriends when I've been a bit wee under dressed. Lesson learned!! xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  20. I give you all the credit in the world for running your errands in heels! I'm definitely a flats girl, except for special ocassions or sometimes at work. I love how you have the very bright pop of color going on, you look so fun and put together, but I can also see this being pretty comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely bag and shoes :)!

    Hey girl I invite you to visit my blog. It would be a pleasure if you could tell me what do you think of it!

    I'll wait for you! :)

    Regards!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous scarf! I love the look of scarfs worn long. And your blazer is fabulous.

    rebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete
  23. Classic blazer. Good purchase. :- )

    Cheers,
    Gina

    http://ginambiber.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this outfit, the whole looks is very simple & chic

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo