Apr 18, 2011

Harem Pants

{Top, pants, bracelet - F21; Hoops & Belt - Express; Scarf - H&M; Heels - Speed Limit 98}
Oh yes, it is the controversial harem pants.  Or "pirate pants" as some may say.  I am not going to lie, it took me a while to even start to give them a second glance; they are just not the most flattering type of clothing you can wear.  But then after seeing a few pictures of different ways to style them, I not only came to terms with harem pants, but decided to be brave and give them a try.  The one thing I can say for these pants is, they are ridiculously comfortable.  I still admit they are not as flattering as a good pair of jeans, but they do come in handy on days that you need a break from tradition.  The key to keeping harem pants from looking like saggy sweatpants is to be sure and define your waist and dress them up a little, either with fancy shoes or accessories.  I would also recommend starting with a slimmer fit if you are skeptical, as they are not quite as intimidating.  I think harem pants will always remain one of those debatable articles of clothing, like shoulder pads or neon mesh crop tops, simply due to the fact that the flattering factor is in question.  Maybe if harem pants were mixed with jeans to create "jerems," in the same way "jeggings" were designed from combining jeans with leggings, the issue of fit and flattery would be solved.  Or quite possibly instead of resolving the issue, it just might end up creating the next big fashion controversy.  Either way, I will still wear my comfortable, little gray pirate pants with pride until the day they die.





21 comments:

  1. These look amazing on you!
    xx
    Shellena
    www.mintalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You actually look GOOD in these! My short self could never pull these off LOL! I love that the outfit is generally casual but you've got those killer heels on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice way of combining the harem pants, really on treng dear! nice look!

    http://flavorforyoureyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit! Love the grey and purple together


    x FashionFifth

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great on you! That scarf is to die for! Great blog! New follower over here! :

    xo//Andrea Marie
    http://peaceloveandreamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. a very nice outfit! it looks great!


    kisses from La Mode En Rose = )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love they way you styled them! I'm still on the fence about this trend myself but it looks very good on you.
    also, thanks for stopping by my blog. loved yours and following!

    Maca.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the outfit! And your blog! I've been reading through your older posts and I'm completely jealous of your shoe collection. And your photos are beautiful!

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! Can't wait to catch up on more of your posts!

    Stephanie
    artistwifemom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The harem, that bold shot of color...You look springtime ready hun...loving the spotted detail to boot!

    Btw, Haute Khuuture just celebrated her 1st birthday so I'm sponsoring a HUGE giveaway, would love to see you stop by when you get the chance if you haven't done so already :D

    Happy Monday!

    xo-Julie

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look lovely in the harem pants! I've always been too apprehensive to purchase a pair. Though I find they look good on a lot of girls, I feel that my style isn't easy going enough for me to pull them off. I remember trying a pair at H&M last year and looking absolutely ridiculous. I also LOVE the sky high heels!

    http://thepinkmonocle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That pants fits very well on you!!! and most of all...nice shoes!!! :)
    i'm following you now..do you like to follow me back?
    kisses
    G.
    http://cihc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the way your pants look with the shoes. Those shoes are a MUST.
    LAZYCATSTYLE

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful! I love everything you are wearing in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you look gorgeous! I really like your blog and I'm your new followers ;)

    greetings from
    http://mikalafashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your pants, and the belt rly highlights it! awesome choice :)
    visit my blog: www.daringfactory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow really hot!! love the outfit

    come follow the first ever fashion blog from a Guys POV, let He know what you think

    Fashion by He

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're got some great calves girl! Love the harem pants! :)

    XO, Katie
    www.runningonhappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wondeful post! Lovely pants!
    Hi! My name's martina and I come from Italy.. I'd like you visit my blog and if you want... follow me!
    kisses ;DDD
    marti
    Glamour Marmalade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo