Apr 15, 2011

Polka Dots And Bangles

{Tank, belt, bangles - F21; Hoops - Express; Skirt - Thrifted; Heels - Aldo}
I don't think I have worn full-length skirts since the mid-nineties.  I don't know why; I have worn every other length and I love skirts and I love long dresses.  But somehow, in the last 16 years, maxi skirts have magically disappeared from my wardrobe.  Now I am happy to say they are back in full force and once again one of my favorite pieces to wear.  Long skirts are so easy to wear as they are very versatile and so comfortable; throw on a tank top, flats or heels, load up on bangles and you are good to go!  The only caution with wearing a full-length skirt is to make sure you are not completely lost in all the fabric.  If you decide to go with a more voluminous top, then either belt it or pair it with a slimmer fitting skirt.  Wanna know another great thing about long skirts?  They pull double duty as they can also be worn as a dress!  Pull it all the way up then add a belt and voila - you have yourself a strapless dress.  I am so excited to get more mileage out of this polka dot maxi and play around with different ways of styling it.  And I am even more excited to go hunting for more full-length skirts to add to my collection.







14 comments:

  1. you look great! very nice outfit!


    kisses from La Mode En Rose = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥I love your blog so much.)) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, I love the flowiness of that skirt! Can't wait to see you wear is as a dress now that you mentioned it ;)

    The shoes are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog:)
    Love this outfit.
    Follow and hope you follow me back.

    Kisses.

    www.kdcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty skirt! The yellow top looks great with it!

    ♥ Gina Michele
    CrochetClouds

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are soo pretty, Girl :)
    And your heels are adorable :)
    Your blog is lovely. I am definitely your follower.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fabulous and your skirt is so amazing!

    <3
    www.kasiabelhadri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes look amazing !! I love your look!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this look so effortlessly chic! Please check out my blog and follow if you like.
    xx
    Shellena
    www.mintalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this look! The skirt is perfect and that sunny yelow tank is the perfect topper!

    xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this skirt! Soo pretty especially paired with the yellow!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    Follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit!! The print and length of that skirt and the yellow pop of color is stunning! Love your shoes too! :)

    XO, Katie
    www.runningonhappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blog and definitely LOVE this outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo