Apr 8, 2011

Reese Peanut Butter Bars

If I was held at gun point and forced to choose my favorite candy, I would probably have to go with Reese Peanut Butter Cups.  Chocolate and peanut butter is the best combination since . . . well, nothing actually, it's just the best combination ever.  Growing up, my mom would always have amazing desserts for us and so now, as a grown woman, I always have to have some kind of sugary treat ready to be devoured at any given moment.  And I guess that would be why my husband refers to me as the "treat monster".  Since my other half (my husband) has been gone all week, I wanted a great comfort treat that was quick and easy and this dessert immediately came to mind.  This is about as easy as it gets and about as delicious as it gets.

Here is the recipe I used:

2 2/3cups powdered sugar
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup butter
12 oz chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Mix all ingredients together except for chocolate chips and spread in greased 9x13 pan.  Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and put under broiler until just soft.  Spread chocolate evenly and let cool for about an hour, then score chocolate so you can actually cut it later, then let the chocolate harden (put in fridge if you can't wait that long) and enjoy a little piece of heaven!




4 comments:

  1. O.M.G. that has to be insane, love it, have to try URGENTLY :)

    http://flavorforyoureyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh Oh. I'm sort of mad I saw this.. now I know what I'll be doing all day. Baking & Eating. Just baking & eating... all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, welcome to the club ladies - that's all I've been doing all WEEK - I don't think there are even any crumbs left!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I love these!!!! Can't wait to make them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo