Apr 26, 2011

Things I'm Loving: Stripes

{Striped dress}























I think it is safe to assume that I like stripes.  In fact, you could even go so far as to assume that I love stripes.  And up until today, when I started pulling out my striped clothing, even I did not fully grasp the magnitude of my love for stripes.  The pictures you see here are just a tiny sampling of all the striped clothing that I own.  Not being one to discriminate, I love stripes of all colors and sizes; however, if given a choice it appears that I have a tendency to favor black and white stripes.  To me, stripes are one of the most versatile designs; they can be the perfect way to add a little interest and pizazz to an outfit without being too distracting.  But they can also be the statement piece of an outfit; and as an added bonus, stripes also mix well with other prints.  In my opinion, there is no right or wrong way to wear stripes - if you want to wear just a simple pair of striped socks, be my guest.  Or if you want to wear big pink stripes with little blue polka dots, you just go right ahead.  The only word of caution I would give is that you might want to stay away from a black and white striped jumpsuit for fear of looking like a jailbird, unless it is Halloween of course.  However, if you absolutely insist on wearing this, then please consider adding some brightly colored shoes or accessories, and stay away from black and white striped hats.

{Black and white stripes}

{Pin stripes}
       
 
{Striped tank tops}

{Striped sweaters}

11 comments:

  1. I'm in love with stripes too ;))

    P.S.

    if you like ultracoloured belts..have a look on my blog..you could win one of them ;)


    http://cihc.blogspot.com/2011/04/cihc-giveaway-tie-ups-personalized-belt.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i like stripes too!


    kisses from La Mode En Rose = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a stripe junkie too but I don't think I have nearly as much in my closet! love your pieces though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect summer gear! I love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the stripes!! PRADA SS2011 haha :D I'm following

    Look my blog and if you like it, follow me!

    www.sickbytrend.com

    xx

    sBt

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm definitely into stripes right now too

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that dress! And everything else stripped and polka dotted :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE THAT FIRST STRIPED DRESS SO MUCH THAT I NEED TO WRITE ABOUT IT IN ALL CAPS. I can't wait to see it worn a lot this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am obsessed with stripes too!! (probably guilty of wearing them too much, although I'm not convinced that it's possible..)

    Emma
    TheSidewalkIsMyRunway

    ReplyDelete
  10. stumbled across your blog while doing a little insomnia-induced reading and i love it! your style and photos are beautiful!! i love this post... i used to be afraid of stripes but i am really loving them this spring (i'm in fact wearing stripes in my latest outfit post) <3shelby

    www.makemesparkly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha i can see why you love stripes so much! theyre fun and colourful, and can brighten up a boring outfit!

    sharlxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo