May 19, 2011

Bit of Beauty: Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

{Amazon.com, $7.97}
Even though I love make-up and have experimented with it from a very young age, I would never in a million years be considered an expert on the subject.  Since I tried to use nail polish as an all-in-one (eyeshadow/lipstick/blush) when I was about two years old, I am pretty sure that ruined any shred of credibility that I might have when it comes to make-up.  I will leave the expert advice to Priscilla and Noelle.  I usually stick to the basics for everyday - foundation, mascara and lipgloss - and may turn it up a notch for a special occasion or if I am just feeling sassy.  I have always had the hardest time with my eyelashes since they are stick straight and will not hold a curl worth beans once I put mascara on.  I have tried just about every mascara on the market and not one of them has done what the packaging promised they would do; I am always left with a clumpy mess that looks more like "Uh oh" than "Ooo la la".  But then I tried Revlon Grow Luscious mascara and was pretty impressed with the results.  It is a slightly drier formula so it helps hold the curl and makes my lashes look thick and long.  I am sure it is just all in my head because I can't really see a difference, but after wearing it, I do feel like my lashes are just slightly more luscious.  Not only am I getting the look that I want, but I feel like I am doing something good for my eyelashes by using a mascara that actually helps them grow stronger.  So until I find a product that gives me Miss Piggy's eyelashes, this will definitely remain my go-to mascara.

10 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I love finding the "holy grail" of mascaras:-) I switch between CoverGirl LashBlast or DiorShow. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dior Show is my fav masacara - check it out some time!
    xx
    Shellena
    mintalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have seen the make-up job I did on my sister when she was seven. Oh lord, we took pictures and it's still so bad, to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favourite is the l'oréal with the white and black ends ! I anly use the black end :-)


    have you seen my latest post?
    http://v-fashionwise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mascare is really tricky; I have not yet found the perfect one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to find something that makes my eyelashes grow longer but I haven't gotten lucky yet! This sounds like a great product! xxoxooo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoot! I really have to try this...I always have problems with mascara. Thanks for the comment and I am loving your blog!!! Your newest follower :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness total soulmates! I'm so glad I found your blog, definitely your newest follower. I'm from so cal and will actually be moving back at the end of this year (to LA - we'll be neighbors) because I need the sunshine back in my life!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post. I'm a cosmetic product developer and I just love hearing what people think about products :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice!! The best one that I've found is Dior. The best drugstore one is Loreal I believe. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo