May 25, 2011

Needing NOW: Maxi Skirts

Maxi Skirts

I have been haphazardly searching for more maxi skirts for the past two months; meaning, I remember that I am supposed to be looking for one when I am already out the door of the store or I remember when I am in a store that has nothing to do with maxi skirts, but look anyway.  I guess that would pretty much explain why I am having such a hard time finding what I want.  I am thinking I am probably going to need at least one bright colored skirt for some summer fun and one neutral skirt for year round use.  The hardest part is finding a long skirt with the perfect shape; I want more of a bell shape so it looks like you actually have a waist, but I like it fuller towards the hem so it swishes around you when you walk.  And also, if I could find one that has pleats, that would be great.  Picky, picky; I know.  Sometimes I wish I were a designer and could just make these things myself instead of bothering the world with my insane set of standards for the perfect pieces.  Only problem is, I have sworn off sewing since I broke a sewing machine my first day of class; and this wasn't just any machine, it was a heavy duty industrial, non-destructable machine . . . yes, it was a very proud moment.  Those things scare the pants off me, and I'm pretty sure they now feel the same way about me.  In any case, I am still on the hunt for my maxi skirts, but here are some that are on my radar:
1.  Warehouse Pleat Maxi Skirt, $97
2.  Tibi Pleated Silk Crepe de Chine Maxi Skirt, $450
3.  Topshop Blue Gathered Slit Side Maxi Skirt, $70
4.  General Pants Plain Maxi Skirt, $59.95
5.  Topshop Sand Layered Maxi Skirt, $80
6.  House of Fraser Kaliko Jersey Maxi Skirt, $56
7.  FAIR+true Organic Cotton Jersey Maxi Skirt, $79

13 comments:

  1. Love maxi skirts too! You can also use it as a tube dress whenever :) Have a great day!

    much love,
    thepinkmargarita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want them all!


    kisses from La Mode En Rose = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! You could definitely pull off this look. Me? Notsomuch. I'm only 5'2".

    I have a shopping tip for you since you said that you forget to look for maxi skirts, etc. I have a running list of "wants/needs" that I take with me when I go shopping. It helps me so much! I stay on task and just don't go berserk buying everything I see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you had a look in Zara? They currently have a load of maxi skirts in some fab summer colours (at least they do in Spain...) and the prices are generally good.
    Andrea (new follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful! I especially love the yellow one because it seems perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nordstrom has some cute pale pink and mint green one's on sale right now for women's 1/2 yearly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great colors! I have just started to stick my toes in the water, so to speak, so I wouldn't even know where to look for one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great selection! love the colors!
    xo
    Sharon
    www.fashion-isha.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in love with maxi skirts as well! They're so comfy.

    xo L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with maxi skirts !
    love the 1 and 5

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the grey one <3 maxi skirts are awesome <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love maxi skirts. That Top Shop one is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got one, they are the best! Amazing ones specially they in colour!

    XXX

    Moandka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo