May 17, 2011

Needing NOW: Oxfords

Oxfords



You would think that with me being the shoe fanatic that I am, I would own not just one, but ten pairs of oxfords by now.  Well, you would be wrong.  [Gasp!]  I know.  It could almost be considered a sin for a shoe lover to not own at least one pair of every single style of shoe that has ever been created.  It is definitely not for lack of want that I do not already have oxfords in my overcrowded shoe closet; I have had my eye on several different pairs in the last year.  I think my biggest problem is that I can't decide which is the perfect pair, since I am trying to keep the shopping habit under control.  As I have said before here, I usually tend to pick black shoes when given a choice of color and that I have been trying to get a little more adventurous with my shoe collection.  However, the thing with funky shoes is, I either get bored of them easily and regret buying them or I feel that they become too off-trend to even be considered cool in a tacky way.  So, my practical side seems to be taking the lead in this shoe show-down as I am leaning more towards a classic pair.  But tell me what you think: should I go playful or practical?

- Urbanog.com Bamboo Vabene Patent Oxford, $17.70
- Steve Madden Trouser, $69.95
- Topshop Kavana Red Woven Brogues, $110
- Steve Madden Trousr-G, $79.95
- Aldo Lahaie, $60
- Delia's Wanted Jag Oxford, $44.50
- Aldo Kegerries, $34.98 on sale

9 comments:

  1. amazing brogues, love every item
    xx the cookies
    share the feeling
    www.samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com
    visit dear <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the patents- I have a pair from Aldo that I wear all the time...
    xo

    http://dressmeup-dressmedown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty brogues! i love them all!

    www.whenbabispeaks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say you need a playful AND a practical pair. One cannot own too many oxfords.Those red ones are fabulous and the Aldo ones would go with basically anything!

    rebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went practical, but if I get another pair, definitely playful!

    Kelly
    Enterkelly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all about the playful ones...love the red! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went practical. I have the Steve Madden trouser in brown. I love them! But those two-tone ones look adorable!
    Maybe one practical AND one playful? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Personally, I'm all for the two-toned version. I have a black and white pair that just look so classic!

    xox Lexi
    Glitter & Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've always wanted to wear oxfords! i need to be more daring. love them all!
    Xo

    http://ericplustanya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo