May 31, 2011

Needing NOW: Wedges

Wedges


I have a confession: I have never really cared too much for wedges.  There, I said it.  I know, I know; for a shoe fanatic of my caliber you would think I would have a whole closet full of them, but I do not even own one pair.  I guess I just always thought the shape was not feminine enough and too clunky for my taste.  But I have been seeing them on a few bloggers recently and am starting to warm up to them.  Despite my lack of fondness for wedges, I have tried them in the past so I know they are comfortable as far as heels go, which is a huge plus.  And I am loving them as a dressier summer sandal option with a long skirt or sundress.  I am torn between going with a neutral strappy wedge or a more traditional shape in a bold color.  What about you, are you a fan of wedges and what are your favorites this season?  Feel free to post links to your favorites in the comments or on my Facebook page!
Here are a few wedges I am currently obsessing over:
1.  Aldo Alsidia, $80
2.  Aldo Truhe, $100
3.  Michael Antonio Gillespie Wedge Sandal, $39
4.  Carlos By Carlos Santana Bohemia Wedge Sandal, $99
5.  DV By Dolce Vita Tyla Wedge Sandal, $86
6.  Steve Madden Wheatly, $76
7.  Carvela Green Klue High Heel Shoes, $165
8.  Nine West Blanca, $99
9.  Carvela Kennis Platform Wedge, $259

26 comments:

  1. Berlin Hair BabyMay 31, 2011 at 4:12 AM

    the first pair by aldo look like they'd really elongate the legs which I love! I'm def a fan of wedges but can't do the super high ones! xo bhb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I know what you mean about wedges, they're like the ultimate summer shoe yet I don't own a pair! I do like those Steve Maddens though..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love #5, and under $100 - *YAY*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them! Want a pair myself as well :)
    XO Raspberry & Rouge http://raspberry-rouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh no...shoe collages like this is where i get in trouble! LOL ...i'm really thinking i NEED 1 and 3 bad

    ReplyDelete
  6. PinkstrawberrymargaritaMay 31, 2011 at 9:35 AM

    i love wedges! :)
    thanks for sharing these babies!


    much love,
    thepinkmargarita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, me too!! And that's exactly what I'm thinking!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They've got to be the right wedges, but I have always loved them :) Sadly, I don't wear them very often any more...my hubs isn't much taller than me, and I'm one of those girls that likes to be shorter than my man. good thing flats are still okay! ;) But you picked some FABULOUS wedges!! I'm drooling over the Michael Antonio (#3) and Dolce Vita (#5) picks...you'll have to let us know which ones you pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am having the same question about a wedge with my sun dresses for an upcoming vacation. Every time I try them on with the dress, I think, "No". It looks kind of clunky. Casual Sundress = sandal with little heel or flip flop with a little heel. I am not a high heel girl and this is for a luau (super cas.). Any thoughts/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the wedsges n° 2 and n° 5

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! I don't think I own any wedges either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. to wedge or not to wedge?

    definitely to wedge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the first pair of wedges - they look like the DVF pair!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never really liked wedges either. Can you believe I like every single pair you picked? We obviously have great taste.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE wedges. Those red Carvela ones are beautiful! Of course i would love the most expensive ones :( I can't afford right now. Woe is me...

    ♥always,
    The Sea & Sol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in love with wedges. I've got 2 pairs and it doesn't always feel like enough...

    Kelly
    Enterkelly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. i totally do not own enough wedges! i want more too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol!! I have the same thing with me and my hubs - he's 1" taller but I don't wear anything shorter than 4" heels - he knew that when he married me!! Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Personally I would go with the wedge, but only because I'm not the biggest fan of the flip flop with the heel. Or just do cute flat sandal kinda like these: http://www.stevemadden.com/Item.aspx?id=50019&np=127_282-428_390. I would love to see a picture of what you end up wearing!! Feel free to post it on my Facebook page!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol!! Definitely!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lol!! Yes we do!! :) Glad you like them!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know right??!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i heart wedges! especially those Yellow Nine West

    ReplyDelete
  24. haha, kinda how I feel about the Gladiator sandals!! However, I love wedges, goodness they hurt far less. Safe to say I would wear every pair you show here...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo