May 3, 2011

Wedding Wear

Wedding Wear


Aah yes, it is officially wedding season.  I will be completely honest - I never really cared for weddings until I had my own.  And now that mine is well over and done with, I definitely appreciate all the planning and hard work that goes in to a wedding.  I love that weddings are such a great showcase for some amazing creativity; it is so fun to see what can be done with flowers, dresses, favors, cakes and photography to really make a wedding unique, instead of just another boring ceremony.  For the wedding season this year, I am sticking with my theme of bright colors and picking dresses that are bold and beautiful.  However, use caution if wearing a solid color as you could very easily end up looking like one of the bridesmaids.  Stay away from taffeta tea-length dresses and go with something more flowy and ethereal such as chiffon or silk and make sure the length is either really long or just above the knee.  Look for fun details like ruffles, rosettes, pleats and detailed waistbands or an interesting neckline that keeps you from looking like you better hightail it down the aisle.
Here are some of my picks:
1.  Delia's Alexis One-Shoulder Dress, $44.50
2.  Dorothy Perkins Coral Rose Ruffle Dress, $42
3.  Reiss Peacock, $375
4.  Max Mara Pianoforte, $965
5.  DKNY Green V-Neck Dress, $430
6.  Dusk Aqua, $365
7.  Marchesa Notte Ruffled Silk Dress, $455, on sale
8.  John Lewis Coast Dasha One Shoulder Dress, $240

15 comments:

  1. I am officially in love with the Dusk Aqua dress. It is absolutely beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 and #4 are cute. Gosh, when I was younger I use to spend hours and hours looking at delia's catalogs I was obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is a seriously beautiful collection of dresses!
    5,6 and 8 are my favorites!

    ♥ Gina Michele
    CrochetClouds

    ReplyDelete
  4. What incredible timing! I'm actually going dress shopping this weekend for a wedding the day before my bday! Great options too, I think my faves are 5 and 8 Though not in my price range since we're being honest ha! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post, i love all the colorful dresses and perfect timing with the beginning of wedding season upon us. love the coral dorothy perkins the most... kinda obsessed with coral right now. current post is actually a coral dress i wore to a wedding on friday <3shelby

    www.makemesparkly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I enjoy reading your post. It's excellent. I love your pictures as well. Thanks.

    Anita
    http://www.corieeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW,love this selction!!!My favourite is the green one from DKNY!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorites: 2 and 4. Definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks just like candy - love the colors! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! #6 is my fav.
    xx
    Shellena
    mintalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the yellow dress.

    http://dollydotgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of them are pretty and so summer-y. My favorite is a coral dress.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love #8, the purple dress, it is gorgeous!
    xo Cara
    http://www.afashionloveaffair.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. love#3 <3
    and thanks 'cause next week i'll go to my friend's wedding and your pics are a big inspiration!
    i wait you on my blog
    http://asipoffashionbaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo