May 13, 2011

Welcome To The Thrift Club

{Earrings, bracelets - F21; Shirt - Thrifted; Belt, Watch - Target; Skirt - H&M; Shoes - Dollhouse}
So I am brand new to this thing you call "thrifting".  I think I must have had a bad experience in a thrift store back in the day and I just stereotyped all thrift stores as smelly, junk stores and refused to step foot in another one ever again.  Plus, I have a phobia of using other people's things for some reason, especially when it comes to clothes and not knowing who has worn it, that just gives me the heebie jeebies.  That is, until I started reading blogs about a year ago and saw all these cool, unique thrifted pieces that the girls were wearing.  Not to mention, all these cool pieces were ridiculously inexpensive!  So I finally decided to face my fear and give thrift stores another try.  I will admit the first couple times I was not impressed, but remembered reading that it takes patience and persistence to actually find some good stuff.  Well, my perseverance paid off and I have found a few good things in the last couple months, as seen here and today with this shirt.  I have been looking for more breezy blouses in fun colors or prints and spotted this one; a cheery yellow with an added bonus of the button tab to keep the sleeves rolled up.  So I guess I am now officially a member of the Thrift Club and I am excited to see what other treasures I can find!  I would love to hear about all of your great thrifting finds in the comments or on my Facebook page.   


25 comments:

  1. Love this! I need to check out your other outfits. :) www.glamorsham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shirt! I love thrifting too, found some pretty amazing things :)

    http://iamheizl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love a good "thrift" - though in england we just call is shopping at a charity shop haha!
    i have managed to get so many amazing bargains!
    lookings gorgeous, the blouse is so lovely and the spring colour looks so good on you!

    sharlxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome to the wonderful world of thrifting!
    great outfit! love the yellow shirt!

    talesofmonkeyandpig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great look, beautiful shirt!

    greetings from
    http://mikalafashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like your outfit! nice photos!


    kisses from La Mode En Rose = )

    ReplyDelete
  7. The skirt is really beautiful, it fits perfectly on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha you have my mindset. I have a phobia of second hand, but also seeing some great stuff on people. Haven't seen anything for me yet, but sure I will find a diamond in the rough some day soon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it.. love the color of your shirt!

    follow each other?
    http://raindropsofred.blogspot.com/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I love that skirt...and those shoes! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great outfit, and those SHOES! I'm not even a shoe-person, and I think those shoes are amazing. Very sexy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so inspiring, actually, you're whole blog is - the vibe is so great!
    Hope you'll pass by and follow too.
    kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! I love your blouse ;-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like so much your blouse and the color of your nail polish!

    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is an amazing thrift...the blouse looks great.

    Dhalia

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great find, I think that outfit is really cute!
    Thanks for visiting my blog :)
    Tereza

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would have almost nothing in my closet if I didn't love to thrift. I think I might be addicted. Luckily, when I get twenty pieces for about $50, I think I can afford it now and then. I hope you keep at it because there are treasures out there sometimes. Like your cheery blouse!

    Find me at Just Take a Bow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. great finds! it's one thing to find nice pieces, but it's another to style it so well! it looks chic! <3~

    http://memyclothesni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great shirt and skirt! Love that lemon and adore military! Miss Walker xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog! Love whole this look!! Everything is perfect about this outfit! :)

    http://bellasstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this whole outfit! And I love thrifting too. You look so sophisticated and beautiful, The yellow shirt is the perfect contrast with your shoes. LOVE IT!

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very classy, love it! I love those shoes, I never would've thought to pick up something like those but they work so well with the outfit.

    A.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm glad thrifting has grown on you! It really is amazing what things you can find...diamonds in the rough just waiting to be found :) That shirt is fantastic! The color, the flowy texture. love it :)

    i am loving your blog!!! such classy style, yet relaxed...and the food looks amazing :) I'm following along for sure!

    xo,
    Haley {Life is Sweet}
    http://adamandhaleykjar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo