Jun 30, 2011

Banana Muffins


Growing up, Sunday mornings always meant muffins for breakfast.  My dad made breakfast every single morning for our family and he would spoil us rotten with the delicious goodness he would cook up; but Sundays were reserved for muffins.  I am not quite sure how the tradition started, but as far back as I can remember, we had these sweet pastries every Sunday morning.  It was the best thing ever to wake up to these amazing smells wafting in to the room that would pull me out of bed, eyes still closed, and guide me safely down the hall to the table where the little bundles of joy were patiently waiting for me.  (And my family not so patiently waiting.)  There were several different flavors we would rotate through each week and it is impossible to pick a favorite, so over the course of time I will probably be sharing most, if not all of the recipes.  For some reason, the banana muffins always seemed to go down so easily and if there had not been four other people who needed to eat too, I would have destroyed the whole batch single-handedly.  They are the perfect amount of sweetness and are so moist . . . and I think I just realized that is the reason why they went down so easily.  Huh.  Well there you go, what more do you need to know?  Betcha can't eat just one!

Banana Muffins
Ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
* Optional - chocolate chips, chopped nuts

* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream together the egg, vanilla, sugar and butter.  Then dissolve the baking soda in the water and add to the mixture.  Add the remaining ingredients and mix together.  Spoon batter into greased muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.  Makes about a one and a half dozen.





16 comments:

  1. looks really delicious! i love the combo of banana and chocolate.. you can never go wrong with chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, these look so good. Please send me some! :P

    I love to bake but I always have no luck in whatsoever that I made. They either taste not right or the texture is not fluffy enough. :( Thanks for the recipe. I'll definitely keep this in mind whenever I feel like baking.

    Great pictures too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! Now I want to put chocolate chips in my banana bread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tradition of it all, I'm constantly thinking of ways to add them to our little family. Something like this might be a good addition :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delish! I am baking banana walnut bread this weekend! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. DELICIOUS!!!! Banana nut muffins are some of my fav but I also LOVE chocolate so this is a great combo :) Will have to make some for the hubby this weekend. Thanks!
    xoxo
    -linh
    http://la-lalinh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum!
    xx
    Shellena
    mintalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just made these following your recipe. They turned out perfect! They're soo delicious and super moist :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!!! I'm so glad you like them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! Yeah nuts could also be added if you like!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. MMMM!!! Sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, this was definitely a tradition we all LOVED!! And Friday night was always pizza night!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you!! These are pretty easy to make, even if they don't seem to come out right, they'll still be delicious!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So true - anything with chocolate has to be good!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo