Jun 27, 2011

Beachy Keen




My dream is to eventually live on the beach; but I would settle for living ten minutes away.  Not that I would be in the water every day, because I am the worst swimmer in the world and am quite frankly, terrified of everything that lives in the ocean, especially seaweed.  But I love to listen to the waves crashing and lay out in the sand and I feel like it is always such a peaceful, relaxing place to be.  We try to visit the beach as much as we possibly can each summer, but no matter how many times we go, it is just never enough.  Can you tell I am craving a beach day? Can you also tell I am craving a new bikini and a cool, white cover-up?  (Do you now feel like you are reading a children's book - 'Can you find the yellow bird?')  I love the idea of throwing on white (or any color really) linen pants with a bikini top or a short, bohemian style dress over a bathing suit.  It looks beachy fresh and chic and is appropriate to wear beyond the beach borders.  I am torn between both looks as I am loving the more retro cut suits that are rampant these days, but I am always a sucker for a flowy dress, straw bag and bright bikini.  Which look do you prefer for the beach - colorful or classy?

16 comments:

  1. I love the bikini top and the bag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tangled In TexasJune 27, 2011 at 7:28 AM

    So cute! I think I prefer the colorful set! :)

    I'm craving a beach day, too! Unfortch, it's too far away to take our kid right now - I don't think he could stand that much time in a car seat! I would *love* to live on/near the beach...except for the fact that I can't swim and am terrified of hurricanes, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely colorful! I have been eyeing that Delia's swimsuit for awhile! They have a cute one piece version too! I just LOVE the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bright bathing suit is amazing!! I want it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say it really depends on my mood for the day. I love both of those looks and tend to go towards the classy side if I can't decided. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live relatively close to the beach yet NEVER go! It's terrible. I am from NC and my parents have a beach house - right on the sand! If I go to the beach, that's the living I want to do...Beach front. Possibly why I never go to the beach in LA. Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am dying to move to the beach in the next few years! I figure I'll slowly work my way out there :) xoxo Marissa

    http://happiness-is-the-little-things.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol! You and me both!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHAT??!!! Would they like to adopt me?! Lol, just kidding! Yeah, I can understand, if you grew up going and kinda feel like it's played out. But it's still gorgeous to look at! And thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I agree, totally depends on the mood!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me too!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah they have a lot of cute stuff right now, it was hard to pick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! Yeah, me too, but we don't get a whole lot of hurricanes in CA, which is great!!! But I don't swim either, I just like to lay out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks! Me too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo