Jun 1, 2011

Feelin' Groovy

{Headband, Top, Necklace, Bracelets, Bag - F21; Ring - LA; Jeans - Antik Denim; Shoes - Charlotte Russe}

"Slow down, you're moving too fast; you gotta make the morning last."  What better way to kick back and relax than with some Simon and Garfunkle tunes?  They always take me back to the good ol' days when my brother, sister and I used to listen to my mom's "Greatest Hits" record.  I remember singing along to "Mrs. Robinson" and looking at the album cover, thinking, "Wow, that's some crazy hair and those are some sweet blazers."  And guess what; twenty years later, I'm still thinking the same thing!  I used to think the styles from the 70's were so crazy yet so fun; the high-waisted jeans and bell bottoms, paisley shirts and every hairstyle imaginable.  And now I love that these styles have come back around, but in more modern materials and shapes.  I got this top the other day and the crochet detail immediately took me to the 70's, not that I have ever been there, but  . . . a gal can imagine, and I imagined this top with bell bottoms and long, wavy, romantic hair.  Only problem is, I do not own a pair of bell bottoms and I do not have long, wavy, romantic hair, so . . . this was my attempt to bring my imagination to life.  Until I find me a kickin' pair of bell bottoms covered in peace signs, this is my way of "Lookin' for fun and feelin' groovy!"





38 comments:

  1. Great 70's look!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like it! = )



    kisses from La Mode En Rose = )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the top!! XO Raspberry & Rouge

    http://raspberry-rouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. emily bierbrauerJune 1, 2011 at 7:21 AM

    I love all things hippie. This is exactly how I dress 90% of the time. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome! I loved wearing this and will definitely be groovin' it up more often!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! They are actually pretty comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohmygosh I LOOOOVE this outfit! That top is TDF! I love the headband, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the 70's style! (and that song too) You look great!

    www.thespanglishlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this look! :-) So relaxed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous outfit! I love the blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! Forever 21 is selling them right now - just saw them the other day, but I got this one at a thrift store for a fraction of the price!

    ReplyDelete
  17. GorjessfashionforlessJune 1, 2011 at 11:24 AM

    Great look! I'm loving those jeans! I found a similar pair of clogs at F21 recently. I'll have to put them to work in an outfit like yours. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    http://gorjessfashionforless.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooohhh i heart hippie chic. fabulous outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That outfit goes along perfect with your blog name!...sweet & sassy :) That top is fabulous...love the subtle polka dots and the knit lacey part around the neck line. oh how i love forever 21 :)

    xo,
    Haley {Life is Sweet}
    adamandhaleykjar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww, thank you!! Yeah, F21 is pretty much my second home :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. you have pulled off the 70's vibe brilliantly! love the headband...xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look fabulous!!! I'm singing Simon & Garfunkle as I type :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you!!! I appreciate that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lol, I know, that song has been stuck in my head the last 2 days!! And thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this look, though could never pull off your headband quite like you do! Miss Walker xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aww, shucks! Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think this outfit is soo cute! Love the head piece~

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is how I looked in high school. You really look the part foxy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the bag , heels and tunique ! Great Look overall =)

    Kisses from : www.fissafati.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks Love!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. You know, I havent worn bell bottoms in years, but they look really cute on you!

    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  34. I adore your top and your boho look!



    Meanz (Koi Story)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh wow, you look fantastic, the headband is a fab touch x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo