Jun 6, 2011

French Ballerina

{Necklace - NY&Co; Tank - Target; Skirt - H&M; Clutch - Aldo; Shoes - Cathy Jean}

I think in my next life I would like to be a ballerina.  I took ballet for a few years as a little girl, absolutely loved it and have been obsessed with all things ballet ever since.  (Don't believe me?  Check this out!!) Pink, tutu's, buns (as in hair buns; not hamburger buns or rear ends), the grace and beauty of a ballerina - what's not to love?  I saw "Black Swan" for the first time a few weeks ago and my love for ballet was immediately rekindled; if I had a tutu and toe shoes I would have done pirouettes around the house.  Instead, I did the more sensible thing and went on a shopping spree and just happened to find the skirt of my ballerina dreams; the perfect length, the perfect color and the perfect amount of tulle layers - I was beyond thrilled.  Can I just tell you that I felt like I was walking on clouds when I wore this?  I felt so feminine and loved the way it swirled and twirled around - I was as giddy as a schoolgirl and did not want to take it off at the end of the day . . . Don't worry, I did, but only after throwing the mother of all temper tantrums and then accepting a sugary bribe.  My first thought when I got this skirt was to go all out with the ballet theme and pair it with either a black or gray tank and ballet flats, but then I thought it would be fun to put a bit of a French spin on it and add a striped tank, pearls and sky-high heels.  All I need now is a cafĂ© au lait and the Eiffel Tower behind me.
 



42 comments:

  1. I love this skirt! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. It feels good to be missed!
    xx
    Shellena
    mintalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok this skirt is absolutely stunning!!!!!!

    hope you had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look SO beautiful and this skirt is really divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely lovely. and the statement necklace really brings it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Love! I sure did and I hope you did as well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, you were definitely missed!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOOOOOOOVE this! I was a ballerina too as a little girl and I miss it!
    I simply love the French Twist you put on this OOTD. It's not "costumey". It's so perfect and you totally look like Carrie Bradshaw! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol, thank you! I've been getting that a lot lately - some lady stopped me in the store the other day to tell me I looked like SJP!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That skirt is so pretty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely outfit! the combination of the romantic skirt and striped top is amazing! Follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just died. Love, love, love your outfit and how the stripes gives it a little unexpected and more modern twist.
    great choice!

    www.thespanglishlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the juxtaposition of that striped tank and the tulle skirt! And your bun added the perfect touch to really make it ballerina-esque :)

    xo,
    Haley {Life is Sweet}
    adamandhaleykjar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow I would buy that skirt in a friggin Heartbeat if we had an H&M here in idaho!!! you look lovely and I love that you paired the femininity of the skirt with the chic stripes of the shirt! simply marvelous :)
    House of Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another beautiful outfit, I adore this look and you look stunning. Great shoes & necklace.

    xoxo

    Cinderella's Closet NYC

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't help but make the comparison to the early-season opening of SATC...where Carrie is wearing a tutu and tank. Love that look and love how you have styled it here! So summery, elegant, and lovely!

    http://casualandclueless.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I thought that too when I saw this skirt!! Thanks for your sweet comment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you!! I know - I SO wish H&M would do an online store - I have to drive an hour to get my fix!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww, thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super fashion Ballerina! The skirt is terrific!

    htt://www.cougarvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aww, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. love the skirt ! i cant believe i have not seen this at h&m


    http://mywonderfulworldof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. love the dress and the bun :) you look like a ballerina in this birth only! :)

    xo Nav
    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lol! Thank you!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I know - I was shocked to find it and it was the only one there and just happened to be my size - I'm never that lucky!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVING this skirt on you! amazing :)

    now following

    xo galmeetsglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. you look fab! your skirt is so pretty!


    kisses from La Mode En Rose = )

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. oooh, I'm loving this gorgeous look, and those shoes are beyond incredible!! Hope you're having a fab day! xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is gorgeous, you look amazing!

    http://lipstickandruffles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Absolutely in LOVE with this outfit...the skirt is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. wow!!this look is so fresh and inspiring!!the skirt is simply stunning and looks great on you!!Just like Carrie Bradshaw on the first episode of s&tc

    www.cashmeremama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love this outfit. It has the perfect balance.
    http://frizzy-dizzy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. Aww! Thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a cute look! I'm jealous of your H&M find. Usually there's so much cheap-looking junk in there it's barely worth a look. But every once in a while you find something cool in there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo