Jun 14, 2011

Keep It Simple

{Sunglasses, Clutch, Bracelets - F21; Earrings - NY&Co; Top - Ann Taylor Loft; Jeans - Old Navy; Shoes - Speed Limit 98}
I have had this top for about a year now and finally ripped the tags off the other day.  I think I have some kind of a phobia about wearing something new right away; this behavior of waiting a year or two seems to be a pattern for me.  In any case, when I bought this top I had originally thought I would keep it classy by pairing it with dress pants or a pencil skirt and a long, chunky necklace.  But when I was staring aimlessly at my closet waiting for a lightning bolt of inspiration to hit me, the sweet ruffled pleats on this top caught my eye yet again and begged to be shown off.  I love that the ruffled collar gives it a slight Victorian feel, so I wanted to modernize it and toughen it up by pairing it with lots of black.  Since the pleats needed to stand out, I decided  to not go overboard with accessories and color; sometimes you just gotta keep it simple.


30 comments:

  1. love the pochette honey:)now i'm a new follower..i wait u on mine!
    kiss

    Patchwork à Porter

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so glamorous! I love the top and skinny jeans.
    xx
    Shellena
    mintalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love this outfit, so simple yet it is really glam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the look is perfect. I love that everything is so simple yet so dressy all in one. I also love love love the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look fab! love the top!

    i have a similar ailment. new clothes (and shoes) are RARELY worn quickly. it is bizarre. i am making an attempt to wear ALL of my new unworn clothes this spring and summer, but i think i say that every year. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple but beautiful! Love your blog!<3 followed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this outfit! simple but tres chic!

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! Whew, so glad to know someone else shares my problem!!! I've been trying to do that more too and it's been going pretty well, but we'll see how long that lasts!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Love!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay!! So excited you're following! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the B&W. my favorite! your blog is lovely as always

    Peace & love
    oxo, ETTE

    WWW.THRIFTEDKARMA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these black jeans! I was just thinking about getting a pair, and now I REALLY want to! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this top! It is so pretty and I like how you paired it with black skinny jeans! www.bravoerunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous summer look, love it! XO Rebecca

    http://raspberry-rouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! I'm new here... I love your classic clean elegant style! I'm following you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay!! Thanks so much for following!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww, thanks so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lol!! I think you really should!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aww shucks! Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooo you look so elegant, lovely look xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look incredibly chic! Those heels are so sexy. I love the black and white!

    xoxo
    Em
    mandemstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks so much!! I think black and white are my favs!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks Love!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo