Jun 28, 2011

Road Trip!


We are in Idaho!  We took a road trip yesterday and made it here last night to surprise my hubby's family by arriving a day early!  We are having a bit of a family reunion with his side, since his sister is visiting from Indonesia and his brother and sister-in-law came down for a visit too!  I have a love-hate relationship with road trips: I love the experience and the memories, but I hate being in the car that long since I can't sit for more than five minutes and get claustrophobic after 13 hours!  But it was a good trip; all three behaved - car, dog and husband - so no complaints here!  In case you were worried and afraid you would go through withdraw, everything will carry on as usual with Sweet and Sassy as I have all my posts scheduled, and will be checking in periodically to respond to all of your comments.  It's ok, you can relax now!

 So, normally I am a pretty good packer; I take the bare minimum and try to be as efficient with mixing and matching as possible.  But this trip, I just could not decide what to bring, so I brought it all.  I figured since we were driving and since we will be here a while, I could and should bring whatever my little heart desires.  And did I ever!  I do not really have a method for packing - at least not a good one - even though you would think I should after all the traveling I have done.  I do try to make a list of everything I will need, but I always end up wandering all over the house, hunting around to see what else I need.  I usually try to stick with either all brown or all black, and either all silver or all gold, to cut down on shoes and accessories, and usually bring just a couple bottoms and lots of tops, but this trip, I took it all.  I think what made it so hard this time, was that we really have no set plans, so I did not know exactly what to pack for and just had to be prepared for everything.  So, besides the clothes, accessories and eight pairs of shoes you see here, what you do not see is, the pile of workout/camping gear, a pair of sneakers that are too dirty to photograph, the mountain of understuffs and PJ's and the four bags of toiletries.  Not to mention all the dog's stuff, things to do in the car and yummy snacks for everyone.  Yes, I over-packed.  But like I always say, better to be safe than sorry!  Do you have any great packing methods or words of wisdom?

{Trying to figure outfits out}

{All folded into categories and accessories laid out}

{Clutches, hat, jewelry, sunglasses and belts}

{Eight pairs of shoes, plus the ratty sneaks not pictured}

{Things to do/keep in the car}

{Some healthy and some not so healthy snacks for humans and dogs.  The cookies are not all for us, we brought them to share with the rest of the family!}

28 comments:

  1. ooh nice ! I like the assortement of clothes :-) !

    have you seen my latest post ?
    http://v-fashionwise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you packed and while I've never done a road trip it sounds fun! I always make a list of what I need to bring so I don't forget anything!

    www.bravoerunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tangled In TexasJune 28, 2011 at 7:13 AM

    Fun post! I have a love/hate relationship w/ road trips as well. You took such cute stuff and a lot of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, can't help you I ALWAYS over pack! :P On a side note, your husband's sister is from Indonesia? Does she live there? My background is Indonesian, that's where my parents are from! Sadly I've never been there though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blue romper on your bed is so cute!! Also, I read Something Borrowed in like two days flat--such a good read!! Looks like you did a pretty good job even if it is a lot of stuff. You're a girl, it's your prerogative to overpack!

    www.cupcakesomg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shoes are beautiful! and your blue Top!!!! good luck on the road trip ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. arrieta.patriciaJune 28, 2011 at 9:19 AM

    Really nice post, and I supossed a really nice surprisee!!! Love all the selection you made for the trip!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2zTb7Eg9Lk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!!! Thanks! I think so too, but am always given such a hard time since I am a girl, but this time, I said, who cares!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, I don't usually overpack, but I didn't care this time! No, she's not from Indonesia, she's just been teaching over there for the past couple years!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too, and there ALWAYS seems to be something I forgot!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW Girl, you really are organized, I wish I had even half your organization and I would live a little better!! Hope you have a wonderful trip!
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously, I LOVE packing posts. I am the WORST packer and I love seeing how organized other people are when packing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I roll my clothes to fit more in my suitcase. I also try to bring no more than 2-3 pairs of does - coordinating outfits based upon the shoes! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I roll my clothes to fit more in my suitcase. I also try to bring no more than 2-3 pairs of does - coordinating outfits based upon the shoes! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done on the packing! Wish you so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow. Great job on the packing. I am never that organized. I did not even fold my clothes sometime. Have a nice trip girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. AHH! You have some awesome choices here! I Love your blue romper and look forward to seeing you wear it hopefully :)

    And everything looks so neatly packed! I wish I could pack that well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lol, thanks! Starts out neatly packed and by the end it's a mess!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hmm, I should try rolling them next time, I always forget that! Lol, yeah I tried to pair the shoes down but just gave up!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lol! Me too! What is it about packing that always looks so interesting??!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lol, well thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. can you please send that all to me when you're done with your trip? :oP cute outfits!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo