Jun 22, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken Pasta






















I do believe this was the first thing my husband (then boyfriend) ever made for me.  That was how I knew he was "the one" - the boy could cook.  I had never known anyone before him that could just pull things out of the pantry/fridge/who knows where else, and create this magical meal.  I grew up following recipes to the exact grain of salt because Lord knows what would happen if I dare stray from it.  I'll give you hint though; things have exploded on multiple occasions and other things have almost burned down because of my "experiments" - they don't call me "Master of Destruction" for nothing!  Suffice it to say, I was thrilled when I learned this hunk of a man was not just another piece of eye candy, but he could also tear it up in the kitchen . . . in a good way, not in a Sherry way.  This pasta dish has been one of our favorites and I think we (and by 'we,' I mean 'him') make it different every time.  This time we added some sauteed veggies to have an all-in-one meal.  So here is the basic recipe and you can add or subtract whatever you want and change the amount of seasoning depending on your preference.  You can make as much as you need; this makes about 4 normal portions, or 2 Ben and Sherry size portions.

Teriyaki Chicken Pasta
Ingredients:
- Spaghetti/Fettucini/Linguine
- 2 chicken breasts
- Sweet Teriyaki sauce
- Cilantro
- Sesame seeds
- Garlic, chopped
- Optional: red pepper, carrots, onion, broccoli, squash

* Marinate chicken in teriyaki sauce, all day preferably.  Cook chicken, feel free to add any additional spices and sesame seeds; chop chicken in bite size pieces when it is done.  Cook pasta, drain.  Saute vegetables and cilantro in olive oil and a little garlic till soft.  Mix pasta, chicken and veggies, add as much Teriyaki sauce as you like and top with sesame seeds and fresh cilantro.

** If you are anything like me and need a little lot of help with timing, you are going to have 3 pots going all at the same time - one for the chicken, one for the pasta and one for the veggies so they will all be ready to throw together at the same time.  You're welcome.




20 comments:

  1. Delicious! Thanks for sharing and for the lovely comment of yours in my blog!

    http://www.kikisbookofdreams.blogspot.com/
    xoxo Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me soooooo hungry! Looks delicious!

    Followed you! Follow back? :)

    http://daphneglowsinthedark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this looks yummy! Thanks for stopping by my blog, hope to see you again soon xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though it is only 8am....what's for lunch today? :) This looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, I know, looking at it makes me want more and it's not even 7am!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg!this looks so delicious...definitely trying it ...thanks for the recipie

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum! that looks so good...and how creative. my bf can cook too. I never knew it was a trait i'd look for in a guy, but damn it's a good one!!

    www.cupcakesomg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay...this is SO weird, because I bought chicken, noodles, teriyaki sauce and veggies for dinner tonight, thinking I'd try a new teriyaki/yaki soba dish. I was JUST standing in the kitchen thinking "I wish I had a recipe for these ingredients" when I decided to go check a few blogs, and this was the FIRST THING I saw! SO WEIRD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, this dish looks SO delicious!! Thank you for the recipe!

    PS. I'm following you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're welcome! Yay - thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WHAAAAT???!! So crazy!! Well, you're gonna love it!! Let me know how it goes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL!! Yes it is!!! I had never thot about it either, luckily I didn't have to, it was part of the package!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're welcome! It IS delicious!! You'll love it!! The best part is it's so easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will definitely post the results. Do you mind if I link it back to your page?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would absolutely not mind! I would love that!! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. omg! im gonna have to try this. it looks so good! I just woke up this morning and I'm drooling already! hahah!

    http://ieatyogurtforbreakfast.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness this looks delicious! I have to try it!

    rebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol!! I've heard pasta is pretty good for breakfast ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, I'm definitely going to have to try this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mmmmmmmmmmmm...this is definitely going onto next week's dinner menu. Can't believe in all my years I've never used teriyaki in a single recipe. That's going to change. This looks delicious! We love pasta and eat it maybe a couple of times a week. This will be a nice addition to our regulars. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo