Jun 23, 2011

Things I'm Loving: Sweet Details


{Lace and buttons}

My husband made a comment the other day after seeing a picture of some ladies in a jewelry store, that women, no matter where they are in the world and no matter what their background is, are all the same; we all love pretty, sparkly things.  I do not usually like to admit he is right, (because he usually is and it drives me crazy) but just this once, I will.  As far as I have seen, women just seem to be naturally drawn to beautiful things; whether it is sparkly or colorful or feminine or cute, we eat that stuff up.  If I see something winking at me from a window or display, I am on it like a magnet to a fridge.  I have a particular weakness for sweet details, such as a scalloped hem, lace trim or ruffles - one can never have too many ruffles!  (Not talking about the chips here, although I do like them too.)  It is not usually my intention to look for pieces with sweet details, rather, I just seem to be lured towards them instinctively. Whenever I walk into a store, the first things that catch my eye usually involve some sort of ruffle, dainty eyelet trim or gorgeous lace.  I never realized the extent of my obsession, until I was taking these pictures and started pulling things out, only to end up with just about my whole closet piled on the floor.  I really can't explain it; it must be something in my wiring that makes my heart flutter every time I hear the whisper of sweet somethings.  So men of the world, take note: women like pretty things; don't ask questions, just go with it.

{Scalloped hem}

{Keyhole and crochet trim}

{Lace trim}

{Eyelet trim}

{Keyhole and bow}

{Ruffles!!}

{Lace trim}

25 comments:

  1. Wonderful post. Lace is something every woman loves. It just makes us feel romantic and feminine and sexy. GREAT detail shots :)
    xoxo
    -linh
    http://la-lalinh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean! In my case, I'm also really attracted to really peachy pink colors...its so hard not to buy stuff in that color (especially if its lace!) and I have way to much stuff like that in my closet haha.

    I'm in love with that third picture of the lace trimmed top/dress...its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this post and I agree! Women always love pretty and sparkly things :) Isn't gorgeous jewelry (even better if they're real) what we dream about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sherry!! I'm totally agree with you!!! :D
    I love those clothes you show us!

    Georgie http://allmyhappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tangled In TexasJune 23, 2011 at 8:09 AM

    Loved this! So true...especially the part about the husband being right all.the.time. :P

    I think I have that same top in the first photo, but mine is ivory! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think for the most part you are right although I know some ladies that completely shy away from anything too girly :) I for one am a totally girly girly so I am LOVING all the detailed shots you took!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the " don't ask questions, just got with it" attitude, I tell me hubby that all the time, haha!!
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, you (and your husband) are so right about this .... I read your post went to my closet and cannot tell how much lace, ruffles, silk I have in there.
    I guess those little details make us feel more girly, more beautiful.

    http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
    http://www.filomenascloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm totally in love with everything sparkly... Your husband is right :) I love all of your photos!

    xxx,
    http://fashionfractions.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, you're totally right - it makes you feel more feminine huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL!! Me too! It's like a surprise every time I go to look at the jewelry - I'm like, you should know this by now - yes, just because it sparkles I have to look at it, just let me do my thing! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're right, I think I've seen a couple women that don't seem to be too into the whole pink and sparkly scene, but I think that deep down inside there is a part of them that really does like all that stuff! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol! I know - so frustrating isn't it?? I gave up a long time ago trying to be right, so now if I ever am actually right, I feel like I'm queen of the world!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you!! And YES!! I do dream in jewelry!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you! I know what you mean - everyone seems to have a "thing" that they gravitate towards, whether a color, style or detail! I'm loving the peachy pink right now too and wish I had a closet full of it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lol, don't tell him that!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. He's absolutely right. I love all of those things :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Priscillafrancine MakeupJune 23, 2011 at 7:22 PM

    you and your hubby are cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lol, thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the item in the photograph you titled, {Lace trim}. Where's it from?!

    www.rosyrilli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo