Jun 7, 2011

Vanilla-Blueberry Crumb Cake



There is something seriously wrong with me: I have not been in the mood to make anything with chocolate for the past few weeks.  I know; like I said, seriously wrong.  I do not know if it is the warmer weather or if I finally reached my maximum chocolate capacity for the time being, but I just have not been craving chocolate like I normally do.  My cravings as of late have been more along the lines of frozen yogurt and anything to do with fruit.  I made some lemon bars last week and I had been really wanting to make some sort of blueberry delight, so I finally dug up this recipe I found about a year ago on The Nest.com and gave it a go.  It was ridiculously easy and turned out incredibly delicious, the only catch was, the recipe did not say how long to bake it for, so I got to play Peek-a-Boo with the oven and unfortunately, I lost.  I ended up baking it for about 35 minutes, but it needed to go at least 10 more minutes, as the middle was not quite done.  But a little underdone dessert has never stopped me from devouring it, and let me tell you - that is exactly what I did!





19 comments:

  1. This looks soo good! And easy :D I'm definitely trying this one day.
    Thank you for following me, I'm following you as well haha!

    Enjoy the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how amazing. I thought it was hard to make. I'll try this soon. Great post

    -jean
    tootsiejean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks YUMMY!
    xx
    Shellena
    mintalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it would be complicated too, but it's SO easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks!! You'll have to let me know how you like it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum yum! I kind of get the same way in the summer. I being to want things like fruit and sorbets, etc. instead of heavy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good! I want it :-)

    Please have a look at my blog and follow me if you like
    Todayiwearfashion.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks insanely delicious! I've been feeling the same way with chocolate but that always happens to me in the summer. Unless it's chocolate ice cream or something like that, I go with fruits or frozen yogurt for that sweet tooth craving.

    www.thespanglishlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg yum yum, this sounds sooo good. totes added to my recipes I would like to make!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, good to know other people suffer from this as well!! ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  11. holy hell this looks AMAZING!! I could use a slice or 10 right about now....xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL!! Thanks! Yeah me too, even though I just had about 10 pieces - I'm ready for round 2!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sherry, your crumb cake looks delicious and I love that you put lots and lots of blueberries.
    Hope you are having a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. michelle lartigueJune 7, 2011 at 4:55 PM

    it looks sooo deliciouuss!! and i love the colors of the photos
    awnn i also been eating lots of frozen yogurt haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you!! Hope you're having a great week too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ummmm this looks so so yummy! Must try soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the skirt in your previous post x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo