Jun 8, 2011

Who Wears The Pants?

{Hat, Necklace, Tank - F21; Bracelet - Downtown LA; Belt - Target; Pants - Gap; Shoes - Colin Stuart}
I think it is pretty obvious "who wears the pants" in our house . . . and no, it is not me.  Yeah, I may be wearing pants, but I do not wear THE pants; believe it or not, our dog is actually the one that rules the roost.  All this time we thought we were training him, when in reality, he has actually been training us! He knows exactly how to get what he wants - a sad little look and the world is his on a silver platter.  If only it were that easy for humans to get what they want! 
But back to the pants . . . as I have mentioned before here, I have the hardest time finding pants that actually fit, so I am usually more of a skirt/dress gal.  But every once in a great while I get lucky and come across a pair that I can't pass up, as was the case with these Gap pants.  I love the fit, the cut and the subtle plaid print - perfect for either the office or just another sunny afternoon.  I love dressing down dress pants with a casual tank and rocker-chick accessories; it is just enough to take the edge off and go from business to blithe.  So I guess I finally got what I wanted, even though it took more than just a sad little look; but guess who's wearing the perfect pants now!





25 comments:

  1. hi dear...you are so beautiful..
    I like very much your tank top...I love that colour..
    xoxo2befab

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pants!!! What's the brand? Also, the pop of pink looks GREAT on you!
    xx
    Shellena
    mintalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! They're from the Gap, but like a year ago! They're "the trouser", of course they don't carry them anymore, now that I finally found something that fits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thanks so much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO cute for going out/making work pants more versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this simple yet chic look! Love that you added the hat too!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving this look! those pants look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh yeah my dogs rule the house too! Do you ever have dog hair all over your pants and people are like - do you have a cat....awkward! Great pants though it's always hard to find a good fit and when you do - white knuckles!!
    - Natalie
    www.thehotgluehangover.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha. i love this. my dog totally wears the pants as well. lol. too cute. i love this outfit. you look stunning. summer perfection. thanks for another amazing post love. please swing by to see pics of my latest celebrity trend report and my new favorite wedges. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. arrieta.patriciaJune 8, 2011 at 3:29 PM

    Wow love the pants, and your post, funny :) you look gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol, good to know we're not the only ones!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah - dog hair EVERYWHERE! I probably have a huge dog hairball in my stomach because it always ends up in our food. Disgusting, I know, and I'm a clean freak too, so I'm seriously ready to shave that mutt! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am loving your blog, 1st time here I can already tell this is going to be one of my fav. spots :) you have great outfit posts.
    Thanks for visiting me ... I am now, following you, of course.

    http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
    http://www.filomenascloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay!! Aww, thanks so much!! I appreciate your sweet comment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great look! Love the pants and it is a great choice to add color with the pink tank!

    http://badjoan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I struggle with pants too, but these look great on you. Love the hat too!!
    x
    Michelle
    www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the casual touch the tank adds. And your hat is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo