Jul 20, 2011

Cookies 'N Cream Pie


I was in a Betty Crocker-ish mood last week and decided to experiment a little.  I had bought a few pie crusts and some pudding mixes earlier in the week, thinking I would make one of the two million pudding pie recipes I have had stashed away for a rainy day; but none of them were tickling my fancy.  The thought of cookies 'n cream, however, was definitely tickling my fancy, so I decided to create my own.  I took some ideas from a couple different recipes to get ingredients and measurements in order to hopefully get the right consistency.  And of course I had to do little taste tests along the way to make sure it would taste at least half decent.  Well, it turned out to be a little more than half decent; it was delicious!  I'm pretty sure at one point there were even angels and singing and possibly some kazoos and streamers.  Needless to say, I was pretty proud of myself, especially considering my track record in the kitchen lately (massive oven spills, dropping everything, things not cooked all the way through . . . I'll stop there).  It was sort of a pudding pie meets cheesecake in both taste and texture, and it definitely satisfied my cookies 'n cream craving!  So here is the recipe for you to try; it is ridiculously easy and ridiculously good - and I recommend that you make two because the first one will be gone before you know it!

Cookies 'N Cream Pie
Ingredients:
- Oreo pie crust
- 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 package of French Vanilla pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 2 cups cold milk
- 15-20 Oreos, crushed and separated
- 2 cups Cool Whip

- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar till smooth, add pudding mix and milk, mix till it thickens.  Add about 15 crushed Oreos (or as many as you want!) and mix.  Pour into pie crust and let set in fridge for about an hour.  Top with Cool Whip and more crushed Oreos.



33 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like a dessert my beloved granda always did!Love it!
    Following u,follow me back,if u like,on http://themissidea.blogspot.com/!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious! Will try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to eat this cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yum!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That looks great! My husband would LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thx for dropping by! This pie looks yummy, hmmmm perfect dessert for this Friday :)

    http://mygreenchair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh me!!! that pie looks DELISH!!

    www.cupcakesomg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so making this tonight.
    It looks amazing.
    And honestly every recipe I've tried from you has turned out fab. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks perfectly scrumptious...especially on a day like today when the heat index here in Madison is 115 degrees! Thanks for stopping by Room Rx...you have a delightful blog yourself and maybe I can learn a thing or two from your great fashion sense!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow is this real life?! It looks delicious and you described this as what I imagine heaven tastes like, so I might just try this!

    Love,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmmmm are you serious? it looks sooo amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh gosh, it WAS amazing!!!! ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, it's real life! Lol!! Funny, I picture heaven tasting like that too!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy monkeys!! 115??? Get out!!! Yeah, well this will help cool you down a degree!! Thank you so much for your sweet words!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! Let me know how it turns out!! Aww, thanks - I'm so glad to hear that!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol, thanks!! It WAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay! It would be a perfect dessert for Friday! Can't wait to hear how it turns out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lol!! Thank you!! Good!!! My hubby LOVED it too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mmm, me too!!! :) I'm craving it now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay!! Let me know how it goes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww! How fun!! Thanks for the follow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you! It sure was!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow that looks so delicious!
    Thanks for your comment on my blog, I totally love yours!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. umm.. this looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I want some right now. That looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  28. ooo yum! i'll be saving this recipe for the next time i'm in a betty crockerish kind of mood :) <3 rubygirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. that looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh wow! I think i'm going to have to pop to our local American food store to see if i can get the ingredients for this because it looks to die for! It'll kill my diet but it looks far to yummy! x

    ReplyDelete
  31. fatty liver symptoms and remedies fatty liver symptoms
    and remedies fatty liver symptoms and remedies

    my blog; medicines that cause fatty liver disease

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo