Jul 11, 2011

Human Again






















I am not sure if it was just the heat or the fact that our vacation did not revolve around sleep, but we have been dragging around the house like zombies ever since we came home.  However, I am happy to say we have finally recovered and are feeling like humans again.  Our weekend was nice and relaxing, yet pretty exciting as our new baby niece was born Saturday morning!  My brother got to deliver the baby, but not so much by choice, as my sister-in-law did not quite make it to the delivery room and had the baby in the hospital elevator!  But everyone is fine and I am DYING to see them all, as they live far, far away in Tennessee!  In other weekend news, we decided to spend Friday night under the stars, so we set up the air mattress, chit-chatted like 12 year old girls, made flashlight faces and slept outside.  As you can see in the picture above, Mr. Duke thought he was in heaven!  There was also some movie watching, a good house scrubbing, delicious food, and a serious shopping session squeezed in to the rest of our weekend.  So we are all set for a great week, filled with lots of fun and probably lots more sleep!  But I leave you with a few pictures of my new treasures, since I always love to see what other people get over the weekend!

Oh, and also today is my birthday; the day my niece was originally due and the day I was trying to forget since I am not ready to be another year older.  But it is kind of hard to forget your birthday when it is "seven-eleven" . . . thanks guys, who named the store after my birthday, even though technically speaking the store came about 40 years before me . . . whatever, they still should have known.

{Some thrifted (pardon the wrinkles), some new}

{More thrifted and more new}

{New eyeshadow and nail polish to play with and fun colored bracelets to add a little spice}

25 comments:

  1. You have some good finds...I love your polka dot skirt! Me and a good friend plan to go thrifting this Sat - can't wait!
    xx
    Shellena
    mintalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to my fellow July baby!!! And congrats on your niece--elevator birth may not be ideal, but at least it was fast!

    www.cupcakesomg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute stuff! Happy Birthday! :)

    P.S. That's awesome that your brother delivered their baby. Hope you get to see them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!!!! Your doggie is so cute :D Loving all your new finds! Can't wait to see them on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. IN THE HOSPITAL ELEVATOR??? WHAT?!!! I can't imagine.

    Happy Birthday! And what great new finds! I wish I had an eye for thrift shops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a Happy Birthday!

    And OMG at having a baby in the elevator...I would be terrified. At least she was in the hospital, though, and not somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!! I know huh? She's a trooper though and she handles things well!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, I know, I was shocked when I heard it!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Love!!! Me too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol! You're right - it was VERY fast!! Thank you and happy b-day to you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay!!! LUCKY!! Hope you find some great stuff!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a wonderful day and congrats on becoming and Auntie!!
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jacquelyn GiardinaJuly 11, 2011 at 12:01 PM

    what awesome finds!! & Happy Birthday!!
    ps I love your dog!!! I have a black lab too <3

    xo Jackie
    http://livingaftermidnite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you!! Yay! I love black labs - they are just the best dogs ever!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday, that's a crazy story about the delivery. I love your finds, especially the light pink denim shorts. Those are SO cute. You have a great blog, following

    xoDale
    Thanks so much for stopping by too. www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. happy birthday! lovely finds, especially the polka-dotted skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday!!! ;)

    I want to steal that polka dot skirt. Is it a skirt or a wide-legged pants???

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks!! Yep, it's a skirt! I thought that too after I put the picture up, kinda looks like palazzo pants!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo