Jul 25, 2011

Jury Duty

{Readers, Tank, Vest, Pants, Bag - F21; Watch - Target; Shoes - Speed Limit 98}

If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, then you know I had to go in for jury duty last week.  And you may have picked up on the fact that it is not my favorite thing to do.  I am usually pretty laid back in life and go with the flow pretty well (at least I like to think so); until it comes to one specific little thing: yeah, you guessed it - jury duty.  I think what really chaps my hide, is the fact that I get called every two years, almost to the exact day, and I know so many people that have never even been summoned once; and they actually want to go!  Oh the irony of life!  Anyway, it inspired me to come up with the perfect jury duty outfit, so I guess it was good for something.
My original plan was to wear something along these lines, so they would dismiss me due to insanity, but figured I have a reputation to uphold, so I better just keep it real.  I suggest going with dressy, but comfortable pants and shoes, a couple layers in case you get chilly sitting there and minimal accessories.  You want to keep your outfit simple, classy and functional; you do not want to be obnoxiously trendy, or wear something uncomfortable - and you especially don't want to clash with your flashy juror badge.  You want to look professional and educated whether you want to be there or not.  If the thought of being on a panel thrills you, then you want to look as though you are capable of making sound judgements.  And if you have no desire to hold the fate of someone's life in your hands, then you want to look like a very busy, very important business woman (or man) who can't be bothered with things such as jury duty, therefore, cannot focus your full attention on the trial and need to be dismissed immediately (extra points for being glued to your phone/iPad/laptop).**  I would also suggest bringing a suitcase of things to do while you wait; I'm not kidding, I read an entire book, two magazines and wrote a letter while waiting!
So what would be your ideal jury duty outfit?  (Besides PJ's - they are a given!)

** Disclaimer: This is in no way based on scientific facts, it is just what I think the court should think, and this will not actually get you dismissed from jury duty; sorry kids.



41 comments:

  1. nice look!

    Elle:)
    http://redischic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit. Seriously. I'm a big fan of the pin stripe vest and I love how you've paired it!!! Also, I would kill for your long legs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your trousers and bag!
    xx
    Shellena

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely adore your jury duty look!!! also love that you said "chap my hide!" as much as i don't look forward to the idea of being called in for jury duty (haven't ever been, knock on wood), there's a few things I could stand to have a day off from work to do (i.e., thank you notes, finish a book, BLOG!).

    www.cupcakesomg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look stunning! I am jealous of your figure :) Gorgeous bag.

    I'm following :)

    Jade - x

    www.fairytalekiss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just look AWESOME!!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Love your style and am now following via GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the whole look, jury duty or not!! the color of the bag is great to add a little color!!
    jess
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE THAT PURSE! So funny...my sister has gotten jury duty 4 times, and I've always wanted to do it, and have never EVER gotten called. I get so jealous every time my sister gets a notice! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol! Thank you! Yeah, it's nice to be forced to have some down time sometimes, but then I would rather be in the comfort of my own home instead of a metal chair! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL!!! I rest my case!!!!! I think I will be auctioning off my summons next time, I have a few people lined up who would like a turn! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfect outfit for jury duty. Glad you kept it professional...looks great. I'd pick you;)

    Many Layers Monday

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your outfit is amazing, and I can't believe that adorable bag is from F21, such a great find. I've never done Jury duty, but that's probably because I'm registered as a mail in so they think I live out of state :). I hope that your Jury duties are over. What book did you read?

    ReplyDelete
  22. omg! they're so lucky to have you in the jury. such a stylish and pretty outfit! hhaha!

    http://ieatyogurtforbreakfast.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow I've always been afraid I'll have to do Jury Duty! You make jury duty look so fashionable though! love those hot shoes. very professional :)
    The House of Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  24. nice blog!
    take a look at mine too and follow me if you like. and i'll follow you back!!!
    kiss
    zizi
    www.zizibloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jury duty :( that really sucks, sorry love. well you look SHARP!!!

    Also, just wanted to let you know…
    I have a huge SCHWARZKOPF PROFESSIONAL Haircare Giveaway Contest going on right now!! You definitely have to check it out!!!

    ♥, Ette
    www.thriftedkarma.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks - and I will check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lol, don't be scared - it's not that big of a deal, it's just more annoying than anything! And thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lol!!! Well thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lucky!!! I know, if you just keep moving around to a different state every couple years you won't have to actually go in! I read Something Borrowed - it was really good! And thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. love your bag and so deeply in love with your outfit :D

    mind to follow dear?
    www.rillicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. i follow back!
    zizi
    www.zizibloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. You must have been the best dressed there haha.
    Great look for Jury Duty! :)
    Now following, plz check out my blog,
    http://lea-oh-lea.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  36. Now I am sort of looking forward to being called for jury duty so I can dress up. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  37. thank you so much for your sweet comment and for following me, Sherry!! I like your blog too, especially this outfitL* keep in touch>:D<

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you so much! And you're welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. LOL!!! That's a good way of looking at it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lol! Well thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo