Jul 5, 2011

Lazy Days

{Sunglasses - Franco Sarto; Necklace, T-shirt, Skirt, Bracelets, Bag - F21; Watch - Target; Sandals - Havaianas}

I love lazy days.  Having no plans, just doing whatever you feel like doing and taking all the time in the world to do it, is so freeing and relaxing.  We try to have a lazy day once a week or so to keep ourselves sane, but unfortunately, we do not usually get them as often as we would like.  However, we did get a good lazy-sesh in last week that included a late morning walk in the park with the pooch and an early afternoon coffee and donuts run.  My typical lazy day outfit is a ridiculously comfortable maxi dress and sandals, but it was just too hot to be carrying around all that extra fabric, so I called for back up and this bandage skirt came to the rescue.  I don't know if you have noticed, but I love to mix opposites in most of my outfits; dressy with casual, sweet with tough, tight with loose, and on and on we go.  So of course when I pulled out this skirt, my first thought was to just throw on a t-shirt and go . . . actually that was my only thought, I try not to think too hard on my lazy days.  But I love the mix of the casual, loose tee with the tight, dressier skirt and just adding flip flops and minimal accessories to keep it comfy and casual.  So tell me, what is your go-to outfit for your lazy days?




15 comments:

  1. I love your outfit. The possibilities for the bandage skirt are endless! Great idea on pairing it with a simple tee. I love how you tie your hair. You should give a tutorial soon. :P Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I hate to admit it, but I almost always go for a v-neck tee and jeans. And ballet flats. Except now that it's summer I go with a pair of cut-off shorts. This is why I don't have a fashion blog. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. a big fan of lazy days! i would definitely opt for something similar. since i'm not big on skirts i do cut-off shorts instead. can't forget my havaianas! couldn't do summer without them. i loving the bun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you dressed down this bandage skirt. I always see them in shops and think "I don't need another fancy skirt", but the v-neck with it really defines Cute and Casual. You've actually inspired me. I might actually check around for something like that soon :)

    Please visit if you get a chance: http://mwmia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a comfy outfit! love it!

    http://ieatyogurtforbreakfast.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alexandra ZagrebelnaiaJuly 6, 2011 at 6:36 AM

    I like your outfit! It so simple, but so sophisticated!

    http://ohsoalexandrish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! It was pretty comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!! Thanks so much for the sweet comment! I'm so glad you were inspired - I think that's the best compliment ever!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, I know, summer isn't summer without Havaianas!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL!! You're too cute!! I love wearing simple outfits like jeans and a tee with cute ballet flats!! I think that sounds like the perfect little outfit!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Love!!! I appreciate your sweet words!! Honestly, the bun was just my hair twisted around itself and I snapped an elastic around it, over the course of the day it kinda loosened up! But thanks for the idea of a tutorial!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, lazy days are the best! This is a great casual outfit. The skirt adds some sophistication. Your bag and sunglasses are gorgeous as well!

    xoxo
    Em
    mandemstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Partikularrak PartikularrakJuly 11, 2011 at 9:23 AM

    Taking time for yourself is important. I love donuts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Partikularrak PartikularrakJuly 11, 2011 at 9:26 AM

    If you want to see my blog: http://enarasthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo