Jul 1, 2011

"Naughty . . . Summer . . . Girl"

{Necklaces, Bracelets, Booties, Sunglasses - F21; Belt - Target; Dress - Windsor (old)}

That was my hubby's interpretation of my outfit when he first saw me walk out of the room.  At first I thought, "What the???"  But then got a huge grin and thought (in a Sherminator voice), "I've got this boy trained, he comes up with titles for me on que."  That wasn't quite the look I was going for, but I guess it kinda works.  I was thinking more along the lines of edgy sweetness, but really, when it comes down to it, it's all the same.  I usually wear this dress with either a thin, tan belt or a cream ribbon belt and really play up the sweetness; but this time, the dark, sassy side took over.  I love adding a touch of toughness to an overly sweet outfit with black accessories and a little stud action.  Makes you feel downright, well, naughty; like you are not doing what you are supposed to do and going against what is expected.  I know, I'm such a rebel; a rebel in a sundress. . . or apparently, a naughty summer girl.





23 comments:

  1. I like very much this dress! so perfect for summer!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. excuse me, but I seem to be wearing the same bracelets today...and good for me.

    love this look!

    www.cupackesomg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol!! Yes, good for you!!! We can be summer girl twins!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look pretty! the dress is so cute!

    kisses from La Mode En Rose = )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous dress and your tan is just lovely

    ♥, Ette
    www.thriftedkarma.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tangled In TexasJuly 1, 2011 at 8:34 PM

    So cute! I love yellow and black together. It's crazy what the husbands come up with when they see our outfits...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Priscillafrancine MakeupJuly 1, 2011 at 9:30 PM

    darling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i loveeee this. the dress and your boots! my mother peeked over my shoulder as i was looking at your blog, and she loved your dress :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look rocker chic!
    xx
    Shellena
    mintalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. WONDERFUL BLOG!
    HI! my name's martina and I come from Italy... I'd like you visit my blog and if you want.... follow me! I wait you and your tips!
    Thanks! kisses, Marti! ;DDDDD
    Glamour Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
  12. BERLIN HAIR BABYJuly 4, 2011 at 5:08 AM

    that's hilarious! I love the outfit. reminds me of a phrase I had in my head while shopping last week - "need a pair of naughty but neutral heels"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww!!! Thank you so much!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL!!! I know huh??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well thanks Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely love this dress! I have really been in the mood for some bright, cheery yellow print in my wardrobe and unfortunately I don't have a thing. It's at the top of the list for my next shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you!! I know, summer always puts me in the yellow mood!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this dress. I love it with black too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo