Jul 21, 2011

Product Review: HANA Air Premiere Hair Dryer

{HANA Air Premiere Hair Dryer}

I was contacted by Misikko.com a few weeks ago and was asked if I would be interested in doing a product review for one their best professional blow dryers - the HANA Air Premiere dryer.  The timing was incredibly ironic since I had been thinking that I need to get a new dryer for about three weeks prior to the email, and never did anything about it.  So of course I jumped at the chance to try a salon hair dryer; especially since I had made the switch years ago to a salon flat iron (the T3) and was beyond thrilled with it, I was excited to upgrade my blow dryer as well!  And I have definitely not been disappointed!!
They had me at the packaging . . . there were so many extra goodies in the box, and the presentation was so pretty - I was incredibly impressed with the extra mile this company went!

So on to the dryer itself, three words: I LOVE IT!**  It is incredibly powerful; I only use the first fan setting because I was not blessed with thick, luscious hair that takes hours to dry, which is what the higher setting seems to be geared towards.  But it is still plenty powerful to dry my hair within just a few minutes.  I think what I love most about the HANA (and what was wrong with my old dryer) is that it gets hot, but not too hot, even on the highest heat setting.  With my old dryer I felt like I burned my scalp every time I dried my hair, but with this one, I don't feel like my head is on fire when I'm done - always a good thing, right?  I can actually feel a difference in my hair after using this dryer, as compared to my old dryer, probably mostly because of the heat issue and also because of the Ion technology; but it feels softer and is less frizzy and it just looks healthier than before. This dryer has all the bells and whistles, with the cold shot button, a super long cord and the concentrator for straighter styles; plus it is a good weight and "gyroscopically balanced for easy handling," so you do not feel like your arm is going to fall off after 5 minutes.
The only two cons to this dryer, would be that there is no diffuser attachment, which is something I, personally, need; and there is no place for your finger to rest - the buttons are right in the way, so I constantly turn it on and off and hit the cold shot while drying my hair.  It is really not a big deal, but it is just one of those little annoyances that you either deal with or frustrate yourself to death with.
At the end of the day, I would highly recommend this hair dryer; especially if you are looking for something that is fast-drying and more gentle on your hair.  It is more pricey than your typical ConAir or Revlon dryer, but the difference in quality is worth the price.  (I had to battle it out with myself when I was going to buy the T3 straightener because it was pretty pricey, but finally bit the bullet and was never happier . . . until now!)  My rationale for spending that much on a dryer is that it saves your hair in the long run; you are not killing your hair with this dryer and so do not spend as much trying to repair the damage . . . or worse, trying to repair the hair you lost from frying it!
Be sure to check out Misikko.com for more great hair products, including Wet to Dry Flat Irons and Curling Irons!!

** This is my honest to goodness opinion; if I don't like something, I am not afraid to say so!


11 comments:

  1. i soooo need a new dryer! mine looks like it had been thrown out of the window or something

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang what an amazing goodie bag!! and those salon style dryers really are incredible. I have very thick hair, and t takes FOREVER to dry mine with my little pink revlon dryer, but I haven't been able to justify spending the $$$ yet on a salon dryer. maybe this year i wll!

    www.cupcakesomg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a CHI Professional dryer and love it for the same reasons. And I agree spending a bit more can be justified with the fact that it saves your hair.
    I have to say this one might just be the next one I try out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! That's about what mine looks like too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it took me a loong time to finally come to terms with spending the money on the straightener, it hurt paying for it, but I've had it about 5 yrs now and it's still in perfect condition - so it also helps saving money that way too - you don't have to buy a new one every few years! If you do, let me know how you like it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! I really had never done too much research on hair dryers, I didn't think it would be that big of a difference! But, wow! It sure is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm a diffuser girl myself but this sounds like an amazing hair dryer! i made need to pick one up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute how they packaged it. I love the purple ribbon : ) . crazy how you can tell the difference in your hair with a good blowdryer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know! I loved it too - it's like they knew me or something - the purple, the polka dots . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I definitely need the diffuser, but for the rest of the time - this is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary-Claire MorrowJuly 22, 2011 at 6:03 PM

    thanks so much for this review! i have also been putting off buying a new blow dryer after mine died about a month ago. i will definitely check out this one! i recently dyed my hair from brown to blonde, which is super drying and am trying to prevent as much heat damage as i can. adorable sleeping mask :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo