Jul 18, 2011

Staying Warm In The . . . Heat?

{Sunglasses - Franco Sarto; Earrings, Bracelets, Top - F21; Watch - Target; Pants - Gap; Shoes - Aldo}

Isn't it funny how your body adjusts to the heat and then when the temperatures drop even just a little, you feel like you are freezing and wish for the extreme heat again?  No?  It's just me?  Huh, well I guess that explains a lot.  In any case, since the temperatures dropped from the 100's to the 80's last week, I was actually feeling chilly and needed to wear more than just shorts and a tank top . . . Yeah, I just re-read that line and realized how crazy I am - freezing when it's 80 degrees - who does that??  Anyway, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to finally break in this shirt and bust out my favorite pair of light-weight pants.  I love the cool, casualness of the top, and played up that angle with the aviators and bangles; but the baby pink color keeps the feminine side alive, so I followed suit with delicate earrings and sky-high Mary Janes.  I love that these pieces are cool enough for summer, yet offer just the right amount of coverage to keep me warm in the heat . . . and if that's not weird, then I don't know what is.



31 comments:

  1. love all the elements in this look, the soft blusa and the shoes are great!!!love them!!:)

    Patchwork à Porter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic style!! You have another follower now!
    I like your blog and your pictures!
    I'm very happy if you follow me too!
    Besos, desde España, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  3. really great outfit, it's a good inspiration for my next business date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous outfit. I esp love the shoes. Are they comfortable? I am in the market for a pair of nude pump.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was the perfect outfit for an 80 degree day! Love the nude pump mary janes! I hope we get some relief in Chicago this week, it was humid and low 90s this wknd :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look! Definitely cool and chic!
    xx
    Shellena

    ReplyDelete
  7. love those pants! but i must be wired the complete opposite of you--i can get hot in 65 degrees!! you're so lucky.

    www.cupcakesomg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an effortless look that you pulled it off for sure! I love your sky high mary jane. I am really into mary jane these days. Hopefully I can find something that I like soon.

    Happy Monday!

    Love, Fashionandnumber

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute & casual my 2 favs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that top! I'm kind of loving anything pale pink these days. And I have nothing that's pale pink! How sad is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha...I totally agree with you about the heat. I was feeling cold all week because just the previous week it was so scorching hot. Love your blog...I'm now following :)

    www.ravenhaireddoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol!! Good to know it's not just me!! Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol, seems like a shopping trip is in order!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks! Yeah, MJ's are my favs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol, I think you would be considered "normal" - I'm just plain weird!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yikes!! I hope you get some relief too!! The humidity makes it so much worse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah, they actually are pretty comfortable!! I got them on sale at Aldo a couple months ago!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmm, great idea!! That would be perfect for a business look!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay! Thank you so much!! Love your blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. great look! i love love love the heels!
    jess
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. such a classic look! love it!

    http://ieatyogurtforbreakfast.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. wherever you are taking pictures is this post is awesome!
    those flowers/bushes are to DIE FOR.
    Also- love the shoes!

    XOXO
    moo.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lol, thanks - it was just down from my neighborhood! :)

    http://sweetandsassy-sherry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE this look!!! those pants and shoes are to die for!!

    xo,
    Mary
    www.sothentheysay.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for your visit and your comment!
    Lovely outfit, love the color of the shoes!

    Malika & Hanae
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  31. I wish the temps would drop from 100 to 80. I'm so ready for fall.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo