Jul 13, 2011

Summer To-Do's


So now that we are almost half-way through summer, I figured I better get crackin' on my little to-do list.  I feel like I have this never-ending list of things to get done around the house and in life and never take the time to think of fun things that I would like to do.  I am hoping that sharing my intents with the world will inspire and push me to actually do them and not just think about them!  I always feel let down at the end of the summer because I did not get to do everything that I wanted to and I never feel like I take full advantage of living in sunny California and doing all the summery things there are to do here.  So really, this is just my way of ensuring that I not only get things done but also to make sure I squeeze every last drop of fun out of this summer!

1.   Take more walks in the evenings.
2.   Eat more fruits and veggies and drink way more water.
3.   Take time out to read the mountain of books I have stock piled in the closet.
4.   Organize and spice up the house (including all closets).
5.   Try out some new recipes that look good but sound intimidating.
6.   Host a brunch.
7.   Experiment more with my hair and make-up.
8.   Write some way overdue letters.  (Yes, this is actually fun for me.  Don't judge.)
9.   Find a new skincare routine.
10. Find some great party dresses!!
11. Go to a concert in a park.
12. Have a picnic.  Basket, checkered tablecloth, ants and all.
13. Spend as much time outside as humanly possible.

What about you? What are you must-do's for this summer?

16 comments:

  1. Some lovely things to do there. It's winter here in Australia at the moment- can't wait for summer!

    x
    Michelle
    www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. camping! i always say I want to go and never do!!
    jess
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES to all of these! Also, I wanna go to the beach more often... I live by the beach and definitely don't take advantage of it as much as I shold :)

    xxx.
    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Me too!! I was going to put that on there but I guess I forgot! We're going tomorrow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah def camping!! We already went once, but I wouldn't mind going again!! And backpacking too, that was our original goal this summer, but not so sure about it now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I hear ya! I need to live in a place where it's summer all year round!! Hope you have some fun winter things to do though!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like now that I live in FL (after growing up in CT) that I don't take full advantage of enjoying the warmth and sunshine outside as much as I should because I know I don't have to savor it like I did up north. Definitely on my to-do list as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your goals, especially #8. Letters are so personal - love them!
    xx
    Shellena

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know exactly what you mean! I grew up in Alaska and I feel like I spent more time outside up there than I ever have here in CA!! Plus I gotta work on evening out the tan lines now! Lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! Yeah, I have some family members that I've been writing too all my life and have let it slip so I need to stay on top of it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i feel the exact same way. so many people would die to live in california and yet i find myself so busy that half of the time i can't even truly enjoy where we live!

    i'm looking to improve my workout routine and master at least one new hobby.

    thanks for inspiring us all!

    xo, lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Those are great goals!! I like the hobby idea - just have to find one first!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mine is to get a tan!!!!! which is a very challenging task for me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol! That's always a great one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. BERLIN HAIR BABYJuly 14, 2011 at 9:44 AM

    wonderful post, I'm going to tackle this list & link back to you in the next few days! also love your blog design and am thinking about contacting hansardstudios! thanks for all the great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay!! That sounds awesome!! And you will LOVE Hansard Studios - they're the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo