Aug 26, 2011

Back To School

Back To School


It was back to school this week for my hubby and even though I have not been back to school in years, I still use it as an excuse to go shopping.  Growing up, back to school always meant a new Trapper Keeper, lunch box and Keds in every color.  My taste has changed a little bit since then and now when the smell of academia hits the air, I think of the classic schoolgirl pieces - plaid mini skirts, button up blouses, oxfords, tweed separates and spectacular spectacles.  I love the preppy look but with a more relaxed vibe, so the silky boyfriend button-ups, high-waisted shorts and leopard print satchels that are everywhere right now, fit the bill perfectly.  The nerdy, fashionista side of me would love to be taking classes again, if only to stock up on notebooks and knee socks.  What are your must-haves for back to school?

Here are some of my picks:
- Miss Selfridge Green Boat Neck Blouse, $58
- Monsoon Eloise Tweed Shorts, $26
- Modcloth The Purr-fect Satchel, $63
- Forever 21 Wayfarer Readers, $6.80
- Forever 21 Polka Dot Over The Knee Socks, $2.80
- Miss Selfridge Beige Utility Shirt, $64
- Topshop Kenneth Lace Up Brogues, $110
- Hollister Huntington Beach Plaid Skirt, $20

16 comments:

  1. Partikularrak PartikularrakAugust 26, 2011 at 2:55 AM

    I like the outfit, the best for me it's the skirt. :)
    xoxo
    http://enarasthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the end of August all I want to do is buy clothes in plum and teal and get new glasses. I'm blind as a bat, but I'm thinking about getting glasses like those for my next pair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maca (The Spanglish Life)August 26, 2011 at 8:06 AM

    Looooved the first 3 items! greqat picks!

    www.thespanglishlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great excuse to go shopping :)

    Nice inspiration too.
    See you cuie and have a nice weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, totally with you on the plum and teal and blind as a bat!!! Every time I go in for glasses they always politely recommend getting smaller frames so the lens isn't as thick, LOL! But I'm loving something like these for my next pair too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Love! You too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute stuff
    xx ali avenue

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you picked pencils, I love #2s.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, me too! But they have to be the green ones!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So funky and edgy! Fabulous! You did an amazing job like always!

    hugs and kisses by Mani.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable!!! And I totally remember trapper keepers :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol, I was SOOO excited to get my first one!! Kinda wish I had saved it now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. the green boat neck is so beautiful, love your picks! I'm excited about camel colored capes & handbags :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo