Aug 9, 2011

Breaking The Rules

{Sunglasses, Skirt, Clutch, Shoes, Bangles - F21; Top - Target; Earrings - Express, Beaded Bracelets - Aldo}

** Get the look, each piece under $80: Tank, Skirt ($135), Shoes, Clutch

It is funny how fashion "rules" seem to change over time.  "Don't wear white after Labor Day," "don't wear brown and black together" and "don't wear prints with prints," are ancient history.  It seems like there really are no "rules" anymore; the only rule that applies these days is wear whatever you want, and wear it loud and proud.  I grew up making sure everything 'matched' and it is hard for me to break out of that mindset sometimes, but the current color-blocking trend has done wonders for stretching my brain in the mixing and matching department.  I have had this skirt for a few years and thought black was really my only option to pair with it . . . until recently.  I have been seeing hot pink and navy everywhere and it inspired me to try it out.  I love that the hot pink seems to make the blue brighter and I love that not 'matching' made me feel like such a rebel.  So here's to breaking whatever fashion rules remain!







24 comments:

  1. great outfil .. love the shoes! (:

    bowstiesandchanel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty top and loving the chunky heels!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit, the shoes, the ruffle top and the skirt! You look stunning and you are right, fashion rules are meant to be broken and tossed out the window. I was quite the match this to that person but now..I am learning how to contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the shoes! and that top is gorgeous!

    http://ieatyogurtforbreakfast.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. its great, you did such a great job here, i feel the same way about breaking the rules, sometimes I wish I just didn't know about them at all!
    jess
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun, hot pink and navy are so fun together. I was thinking about the no. White after Labor Day rule on Friday. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it!
    you look great! that pop of pink really does bring out the blue in the skirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know, huh? I don't think I have ever followed that rule in my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol! I know - I don't even know how some of them came about, but I'm sure glad it's not a big deal if you do break these rules!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! Yeah, I've always been the matchy-matchy person and am so glad I've learned to mix it up a little! Still have lots to learn though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, rules have been really crazy lately, but that is not a problem at all.
    You are looking cute with those colors.

    Thanks for your sweet comment ;)
    See you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I swear I have that same print in a multi colour skirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. this outfit is perfection. i love the inspired combination. stunning. thanks for another amazing post. Would love if you'd check out my latest post featuring pictures from my Mad Hatter themed engagement party. Thanks love. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey there ! You have a beautiful blog too, I love this outfit, the bougainvillea top and this skirt, oh my, are really gorgeous ! Thanks for your visit to my blog ! I'll follow yours !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh! That would be beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Anna!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow I love ur outfit my Dear it is so me preppy elegant. Love ur top and skirt so chic and u look gorgeous thanks for visiting my blog it makes me discovered yours and following u hope u follow back kisses

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks so much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo