Aug 31, 2011

A Casual Affair

{Shirt, Skirt, Necklace, Bracelet, Bag - F21; Shoes - Steve Madden}

** Get the look, each piece under $23: Shirt, Skirt, Shoes, Bag

As much as I love getting all dolled up to go out, I do love a nice casual, relaxing evening out with friends.  However, I seem to have issues when it comes to dressing "casually" and usually end up way over-dressed.   Apparently, I tend to have extremes when it comes to dressing - either I go all out with the jewels, make-up and heels or I go ultra casual with wrinkled yoga pants and a ponytail - it is the in-between outfits that I have the hardest time with and that take the most brain power.  When I think casual, jeans and a tee shirt is what comes to mind and dressed up usually means a skirt and heels, so I tried to meet right in the middle last night for a casual dinner with some friends.  I laid off the heels and make-up and toned down the jewels to keep it on the casual side and just to make sure I was not too dressy, I stuck with my huge "body bag" (as my friend likes to call my way oversize bags) instead of switching to a clutch.  





17 comments:

  1. very simple and chic!!
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casual days are great but you still look cool and polished!

    http://bresbaubles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you did casual perfectly! i agree though, it's the pulled-together casual looks taht are most challenging! you're lucky you're so tall and can wear flats though--it means you always look pulled together!

    CupcakesOMG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! I have a skirt just like that and you totally just inspired me to try it with some leopard shoes/accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your leopard flats! New post up on my site. More to come this week... :)
    xx
    Shellena
    mintalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. its always a good ally to mix red and black :) so cute!!!

    xoxo

    http://udontthinktwice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the red skirt with the leopard flats! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! Yay! Going to check out your post right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay!! That's great! Can't wait to see what you come up with!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw shucks, thanks!!! Yeah, the hubs doesn't like when I wear heels anyway cuz then I'm taller than him and look like an Amazon woman! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Siena!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sherry!!!
    Why are you always so cute! <3
    Can you please drive over once I'm in AZ and dress me:-) Pretty please!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol!!! Sure! Anytime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, this is a perfect casual look. I love it! I have 'this thing' for reds and animal print on a same outfit .... nothing beats that. You look beautiful & Chic.

    http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
    http://styleidcloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo