Aug 17, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Balls


I really don't know how I survived without Pinterest all my life.  I have found some of the most amazing, most creative recipes on there and have yet to try most of them.  However, I came across these chocoloate covered peanut butter pretzel balls last week and knew I needed to try them immediately.  I think I have mentioned a time or two that I really should not be allowed in the kitchen without a permit, so I won't bore you with the details; but in case you don't know already, it is really important to follow the recipe.  Despite my inability to follow directions, they turned out amazing - they were the perfect blend of salty and sweet, creamy and crunchy, and chocolatey and peanut buttery.  They are definitely a new favorite of ours; and even more so because not only are they really easy, but the ingredients are things we always have on hand so they can be made in a pinch, without making a special trip to the store!  (Yes, I really am that easy to please.)

* Notes to recipe: I had to use more chocolate than the recipe calls for; almost 2 cups of chocolate, so have more on hand just in case!  Work really fast when covering in chocolate - it gets stickier as it cools and is hard to get a smooth, even layer on.




7 comments:

  1. those DO look amazing! i think i "pinned" those as well!!

    quick tip for ya: when you're dipping something in chocolate, melt the chocolate in a double boiler (in a bowl placed over a pot of simmering water). that way, the chocolate will stay the right consistency as you dip and stay smooth and glossy on your treat!

    www.cupcakesomg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, WHAT?! Those look incredible! I'm totally adding those to my Christmas cookie list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, good call!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, did not even think about that - I was way too excited to get them done, LOL! Great tip, thanks for sharing!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, those look delicious! I make peanut butter balls quite often... they look just like those, minus the pretzels and chocolate. So good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My oh my do they look good. I'm seriously salivating.

    Lots of love from Sydney,

    x Kel

    seeing steel magnolias

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, thank you. I needed somethign fun to bring to a potluck...and now I have it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo