Aug 8, 2011

Gray and Yellow Re-Do

Gray and Yellow


Meet Me In St. Louis Pillow, $98
Trina Turk Pillow Embroidered Linen Greek Key Acid Yellow, $110
Colias Bird Cage in Home Accents | Crate&Barrel, $50
Jonathan Adler 'Favia' Porcelain Vase (Nordstrom Exclusive) White One..., $98
Yellow Lattice Ceramic Garden Stool | Overstock.com, $96
Set of 3 Orchard Pitcher-Vases, $80
Round Velvet Pintuck Pillow, $32
Buy John Lewis White Wood Love Sign online at JohnLewis.com - John..., $41
Results for yellow - Search I Z Gallerie, $5
Art Prints For All Types of Lovers: Photo 2 of 10, $25


I have been wanting to change the accent color in our living room but can't decide exactly what to do.  Currently we have dark gray and black furniture, light gray walls and little pops of red and white; you can see a little here and here.  I would like to lighten it up a bit and add more white and light gray and add little pops of yellow instead of red.  Here is my problem: I like to have a plan of action before I go hunting (as in, I like to figure out what I want and where I want it) but my plan is just not coming together because I keep finding better and better ideas.  (I spend way too much time on Pinterest!!)  Since I am not having much success with planning, I thought maybe I should change my ways and start with the hunting to see what kind of goodies I could find and hopefully get the creative juices flowing.

This is my main source of inspiration; classy, yet modern and comfortable!






                                     Source: apartmenttherapy.com via Candace on Pinteres
t

8 comments:

  1. that is interesting , I can see a lot of students copiing this decor ! one accent coloured sofa !! nice !
    have you seen my new post ?
    http://v-fashionwise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are great pick. I just absolutely adore yellow and grey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Me too - I think it's my favorite combo right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know - this picture is all over Pinterest! I think it's a popular one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am obsessed with zebra!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! I love gray and yellow! I just made my new blog header gray and yellow(ish)! These items are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I love it too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, me too!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo