Aug 12, 2011

New Favorites

{Vintage-looking necklace to add some serious sparkle} 

I have never really been one for vintage clothing or jewelry, until very recently.  I guess I just liked my things to look new (especially if they are new) and not like they have been through seven world wars.  But I have noticed these past couple weeks I have been gravitating towards vintage-looking items, versus my normal bright, colorful modern style . . . and quite frankly, I love it.  I think it is exactly what has been missing in my wardrobe; pieces that add a touch of time and character, plus they add a certain depth that modern pieces can't compete with.
Books have always been the exception, however, when it comes to vintage; I absolutely love old books and the more beat up, the better.  And call me crazy if you want, but I love the smell of old books - I think there is just something nostalgic that takes me back to my grandma's house, looking through her old Reader's Digest book collection and watching Wheel of Fortune.  We have been on a book buying kick lately, looking for cool old books to decorate with and to add to our exponentially growing book collection, that will someday be displayed.  I will leave you for the weekend with some of my new vintage favorites and I look forward to hearing all about your weekend adventures!

{Polka dot midi-length skirt; the shape and color definitely have a more vintage feel.}

{Cocktail rings in more muted colors and materials make them look older than they are.}

{New shorts, now that summer is almost over!  Love the vintage-looking lace!}


{New stack of old books.}

34 comments:

  1. i love the watch and the books; i love raeding old books! great post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you find those lace shorts?? I LIVE!!

    www.cupcakesomg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge fan of vintage. You have some great pieces! Check out my blog when you can.
    xx
    Shellena
    mintalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the vintage-looking pieces! :) I agree about the old books, there's something charismatic about old books, especially when they are around the house.
    ~Pau
    www.lilbitsofchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary-Claire MorrowAugust 12, 2011 at 8:01 AM

    I love every single thing in this post, but especially the black lace shorts and the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I love everything about this post. What beautiful photos and pieces!! And I love the smell of old books too :)

    http://soanthro.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful photos! I am in love with that lace skirt! soo cute!
    www.sugarfilledcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! Yay! Glad to know I'm not the only one that sniffs old books ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, totally agree with you - I love seeing them around the house!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Love!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! I found them at TJMaxx!! They had them in a beige too, and I want those too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG everything is amazing here! I love old books too, specially because I'm studying history :)

    See you cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such amazing pieces I love the necklace, wait who am I kidding I love it all. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore that necklace... WOW!

    The lace shorts are also amazing (if only I had the legs to wear them).

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lol, thanks!!! You too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! That's cool! I always thought history was so boring, until about a month ago, Lol!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous items! and I love your header.
    X

    http://asterisque5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much!! :) Hansard Studio did the header design!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love that necklace! I have a pair of earrings {foreverxxi) that match!
    I am obsessed with vintage ... amazing pick!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your blog. I am your newest follower! Please follow me back. Will be back soon!

    www.wearandwhen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much!! I appreciate it! :) Love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooh!! I would love to see the earrings!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am so inspired! I love the lace skirt. Thanks for stopping by my "oh-so-new" blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am so inspired! I love the lace skirt. Thank you for stopping by my "oh-so-new" blog. ;) I'll be stopping by your blog again!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey Sherry! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog! =D I'm so glad you if you didn't I would'nt of found yours =D I love your layout -cute header~ I especially love those lace shorts! =) I'm now following you via Google.. I'd love it if you could follow me too! =D I was wondering also how you got the fb like button? I've been trying to figure out how to set that up but haven't been able to! =(

    anyways, excited for your next post!

    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love vintage books, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That necklace is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  32. awesome finds! those shorts are amazing.

    http://weezngmonkeys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. That skirt reminds me of Pretty Woman! Great blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo