Aug 11, 2011

Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwhich


We were thinking of making pulled-pork sandwiches last week since we had two hamburger buns left from our BBQ, but then after watching our favorite cooking shows the other day, my husband had a moment of inspiration: shredded buffalo chicken sandwiches.  So he found this buffalo sauce recipe and I found this coleslaw recipe; we put two and two together and there was some serious magic that happened.  The chicken was perfectly spicy and the coleslaw was perfectly sweet; our sandwiches were gone within a matter of seconds and we were left planning when we would make this again.  Once again, the hubby's culinary skills left me speechless; does this man know no bounds?

* Recipe: Make the buffalo sauce and take out 1/2 cup, add to a Crock-Pot with 1/2 cup water or chicken stock and 3-4 chicken breasts.  Cook chicken on low for about 4-5 hours, or until cooked through.  When the chicken is done, shred it and pour out the liquid from the Crock-Pot.  Add the chicken back in and the rest of the buffalo sauce; let sit for about 30 minutes.  Put chicken, coleslaw and blue cheese crumbles on a bun and dig in!

**Notes to recipes: We used about 3 teaspoons of ground Cayenne pepper instead of the dry cayenne peppers.  I only used 1/3 cup of sugar in the coleslaw recipe, and it was still very sweet, you could definitely cut it to 1/4 cup if you don't like it too sweet.





{With blue cheese!}

18 comments:

  1. OMG i could actually eat the screen..YUM!

    berry-haute.blogsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoaaaaaaaa that looks DELISH!!! love the idea of the coleslaw ON the burger no less!

    www.cupcakesomg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Oh yeah - it helped tone down the spice a notch!! But we also had some on the side :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol!! Yeah, it's making my mouth water looking at it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so tasty, I'll have to try it. Thank you for sharing.
    Tabitha
    tabadoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is RIGHT up my alley! I'm totally loving this blog! Recipes & Fashion.. I just may learn how to cook after all!!! LOL! :):)

    xxo
    Crissa Sharmel

    www.lovetwentythree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hristina StoimenovskaAugust 11, 2011 at 4:15 PM

    mmm... I want this sandwich...

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummiiii I love chicken sandwhich

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're more than welcome!! Let me know how it goes if you do try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, thank you so much!!! I said that too - and after getting married I've finally learned how to a little bit!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so delicious, I've never seen anything like it before here in Switzerland. I'll be craving this all month I'm sure :-) Thank you so much for following me, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like it was sweet and sassy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol!!! Yes it was!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks!! Yeah, and then once you do have it, you'll still be craving it!!!!! I can't look at these pictures anymore!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks soo good! I think I'll try making this myself. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're more than welcome!! You'll have to let me know how you like it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo