Aug 1, 2011

Spinach-Artichoke Dip


There are really no words to describe how incredibly amazing this dip is and pictures do not even begin to do it justice.  It started out as one of my husband's culinary experiments a few years ago and has since then been perfected to the point that it puts any restaurants' version to shame.  We like to bring this dip to BBQ's or any other gatherings with food and it is always a huge hit.  I think I have had a total of four bites over the last two years, since it always seems to somehow magically disappear before I can even get to it.  So I was thrilled that I actually got first dibs yesterday when we had a couple friends over for a BBQ and for once, was not reduced to scraping the sides of the dish just to get a teeny, tiny taste.  This sinful, cheesy goodness has a little spicy kick that makes it addicting and oh so hard to stop eating.  It is the perfect little appetizer and guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser!

Spinach Artichoke Dip
Ingredients:
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup grated Parmesan/Romano/Asiago blend cheese, divided
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained really well
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese

-  Chop artichoke hearts in food processor, put in large bowl.  Chop onions and add to bowl, then chop about 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese blend, garlic, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper; add to bowl. Make sure spinach is drained really well, chop and add to bowl.  Add cream cheese, sour cream, mayo and mozzarella, mix all together and spread in 9x13 pan.  Top with remaining Parmesan cheese blend and cheddar cheese.  Bake at 325 for 20 minutes, or until slightly golden on top and bubbling.  Serve warm with either chips or bread.

**  Optional - Add Cayenne pepper, cumin and chili powder.
**  Notes - If you don't like too much spice, keep the red pepper flakes to a minimum.  If you can't find the Parmesan blended cheese, just Parmesan is fine.






32 comments:

  1. mmm ... :]
    that's look great ;*
    i'm follownig you ;)
    please comment- www.cityofashion.blogspot.com
    ;**

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so so good. The pictures are so nice too.

    Patience
    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum!! literally, there is nothing not to like about this! p.s. i had a swiss cheese dip this weekend for the first time...AMAHZING!!! not the same, but similar!!

    www.cupcakesomg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so yummmmmy! Again, superb photography skill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has got to be one of my favorite things to eat. Amazing!

    www.thespanglishlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! I'm totally trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delish! I WILL be making this soon! My mouth is watering. XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deeelish!! Im so gonna try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love spinach-artichoke dip! This looks amazing!

    kahla-sansom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM! I've been dying to find a good Spinach-Artichoke dip recipe. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh, well this is definitely one to try!! And it's ridiculously easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too! And it is amazing!! You'll love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Let me know how it goes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol! You'll have to tell me how you like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great!! Love to hear how it goes!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Uhh, yeah, me too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh! That sounds good too!! Why are melted cheese dips so good?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay! Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I watched Julie&Julia last night-- and this totally makes me hungry all over again!
    Aa!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. ok i was hungry before but now I'm STARVING after seeing these pics! LOL! I looovve spinach artichoke dip, it's one of my favorites so thanks for this recipe and photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That looks heavenly...but it's super fattening! I guess you have to indulge once in a while otherwise life is no fun!
    xo
    Sharon
    www.fashion-isha.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks good but does it really taste yummy haha?!
    & thnx for your lovely comment!

    http://lea-oh-lea.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lol, oh gosh, it's beyond yummy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yep, definitely fattening and that's probably why it's so good! We do use light mayo, sour cream and cream cheese, but you do want to watch your portion size!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lol! I know, I get a huge craving looking at the pics! You'll have to let me know how it goes if you try it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lol!! Haven't seen that one yet - but I'm sure it's not good to watch on an empty tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am super duper geeked out to try this! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOL!!! Yay!!! Well I'm super duper excited to hear how you like it!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. just made something similar! going to link your recipe as well, looks fabulous! and so do you! xox

    ReplyDelete
  32. Partikularrak PartikularrakAugust 7, 2011 at 6:45 AM

    I have to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo