Aug 2, 2011

Stuck In A Rut

{Tube top - Arden B; Skirt - Zara; Jewelry - F21; Shoes - Charlotte Russe}
** Get a similar look, each piece under $75:  Tube top, Skirt, Necklace, Shoes

I feel like I have been stuck in a rut for the past couple weeks; wearing the same cut-offs and maxi dresses each day, minimal make-up and hair up in a pony tail.  I thought some good retail therapy this weekend would inspire me and cure my style doldrums, but my shopping trip turned out to be unsuccessful.  I decided I was better off shopping my over-crowded closet anyway, and unearthed some pieces that have been buried for way too long.  I went wild with my make-up, and used brown instead of black and pulled my pony tail to the side to change up the rest of my ho-hum habits.  I usually tend towards a more casual style, especially in the summer, so I wanted to not only break out of my rut, but kick it in the pants, by dressing up a bit. 
What about you; what do you do when you find yourself stuck in a rut? 

PS  You may have already noticed, but in case you didn't - I will be doing your homework for you and finding pieces similar to mine that are affordable, so you can re-create the outfits you like!  Or create your own outfits with similar pieces!







25 comments:

  1. I love my wardrobeAugust 2, 2011 at 4:54 AM

    Great shoes!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so beautiful skirt!!!
    http://cihc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your clog platforms!
    xx
    Shellena
    mintalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful pics!!

    www.mrsvintagehk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Partikularrak PartikularrakAugust 2, 2011 at 8:27 AM

    I love your look, I would wear very often. I have a similar top. :)
    http://enarasthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your necklace, I don't own any shorts and have been looking high and low for some that look cute on me. Maybe your homework will work out well for me. Thank you ;). Super cute necklace by the way!. You're beautiful and I hope your rut ends shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, thank you so much!! What kind of shorts are you looking for??

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty, pretty skirt! If you are stuck in a rut then I want to be in a rut too! You always look fabulous in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much Elaine - you are too sweet!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow so gorgeous love it !!! and love your blog !!!!
    checkout my blog

    xoxo
    naganme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am obsessed with all your beautiful skirts.
    And you. You are just beautiful Sherry! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww, you totally made my day! Thank you so much - I can't tell you how much I appreciate your sweet words!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the blog love comment! I love your blog especially the food part : ). Fashion and food go beautifully together don't they lol now following!!!!

    yummysuperlovelyramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lol! You're so right!!! Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for comments in my blog
    You are similar Sarru Jessicu Parker.
    Very stylish...)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo