Aug 30, 2011

Tacos With Tomatillo-Avocado Slaw



Since we completely clogged our arteries this weekend, we swore we would eat nothing but salad for the next three months to detox and undo whatever damage was done by overdosing on fried food.  That was very short lived.  Although definitely a healthier option than fried zucchini sticks, tacos cannot be classified as a salad; at least as far as I know.  I actually came across this taco recipe about a year ago on Cupcakes and Cashmere, when I first started blog stalking and thought the combination of tomatillos, avocados, cabbage and all the spices in the dry rub sounded perfectly divine . . . however, the recipe calls for salmon and neither of us are huge seafood lovers, so chicken it was.  It took one bite to become an instant favorite and we were sold on the dry rub, which we have been using non-stop since that glorious day a year ago.  Even though I usually toss out a recipe if the list of ingredients exceeds the number of fingers on one hand (five, just for the record), I am so glad I stuck to my guns on this one - it turned out to be incredibly easy (and incredibly delicious!) and it is the perfect meal for a hot day; light, crisp, healthy and oven free!







20 comments:

  1. wow, you are a good cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that slaw looks so delicious!!! i'm going to figure out a way to do this in a paleo version!

    CupcakesOMG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, yeah this looks INCREDIBLE! Holy cow, I want this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maca (The Spanglish Life)August 30, 2011 at 7:40 AM

    Looks amazing! I love tomatillo salsa and had never heard of the slaw version I guess but definitely will be giving it a try!

    www.thespanglishlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks great :)

    http://girlynote.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! Looks delicious! XO Rebecca

    http://raspberry-rouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm!! I love tomatillo salsa!! I think that's why I though this would be so good cuz I love the salsa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm, great idea!! Let me know what you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol, aw, thanks Rose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmmm i will eat it right now!!!!! it looks...delicius!!!!

    nice blog! :)

    http://udontthinktwice.blogspot.com/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. That chicken looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks! It's amazing with those spice on it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I MUST try this recipe! Yum!

    xo www.RavingFashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks! Let me know if you do - I would love to hear what you think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am with you on using chicken rather than salmon. They look great, easy, and (relatively) healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. looks delicious!
    xx
    Penelopi F.
    thedesertsvisionaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo