Aug 18, 2011

Too Hot To Handle

{Necklace & Hat - F21; Top - Old Navy; Shorts, Watch - Target; Shoes - Bamboo}

** Get the look, each piece under $40: Hat, Top, Shorts, Necklace, Shoes

For some reason, the heat this week has been zapping my energy more than usual.  We have been hangin' out at around 100 degrees for the past month, so I should be used to this by now, but it has just been too hot to handle being outside in the heat, in clothes.  I have been wearing the lightest pieces of clothing possible and was so glad I picked up this top last week at Old Navy; it is perfectly light and airy without being sheer.  I love having polished pieces, like this button down, to resort to when it is too hot to think or care about what I wear; they go with anything and keep you from looking like a sweaty mess.  Sounds like a win-win to me; although I also thought (once upon a time) that glasses and braces were a win-win, so . . . maybe just judge for yourself.





33 comments:

  1. really love the outfit, perfect for summer!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pumps..great combo of color dear:)
    kiss

    Patchwork à Porter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the shoes! The color makes the whole outfit POP!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look gorgeous!!
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shoes, it really makes your outfit pop. And I think a fedora on anything makes you looked polished lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that top is gorgeous...love the necklace with it too!

    CupcakesOMG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with this effortless chic you have going on! Great look! Stop by my blog too and say hi sometime!
    http://bresbaubles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. perfect for sumemr and i always stoped breathing when i saw those lovely shoes. gonna go check them out now :)

    xo Nav
    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that Forever 21 necklace! Those berry shoes are pretty spectacular as well!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Love Love those shoes! You look so sassy and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you! Yep, very true - fedoras always do the trick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Tabitha!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw, thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. love it with the pop of color in the shoes!! so great, purple is my favorite color!!
    jess
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. this is such a chic outfit! I love your shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow you look gorgeous! I love how you styled the top and the shoes and the whole look is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the shoes :)

    http://chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Maca (the spanglish life)August 18, 2011 at 6:46 PM

    Love how airy and light the outfit looks and the pop of color with the shoes, just perfect!

    www.thespanglishlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. love the purple shoes! adds a good pop of color to it!

    http://ieatyogurtforbreakfast.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Light shirts are a must in the summer. I'm loving this outfit, but especially the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  31. we really like , it's so .. cool !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo