Aug 29, 2011

What A Weekend


Wow, what an eventful weekend!  I hope everyone is safe and sound on the east coast after feeling the wrath of Irene!  We had some seriously intense heat here and I do believe it was the hottest it has been all summer - obviously the perfect time to spend all day outside at the state fair, right?  Yeah, no.  Apparently there is this thing called The Weather Channel, and it lets you know it is going to be 108 degrees and humid that day, so the best place to be is the movie theater.  But we had fun despite drowning in sweat; it has been years since I have been to a fair, so I was happy to finally soak in the experience once again and get my fill of fried fair food.  Then we had a birthday party filled Sunday, so we spent the afternoon party hopping, catching up with friends and watching kids beat the tar out of a pinata.  We came home exhausted but happy, and needing another weekend to recoup from all the craziness of the past week!  So how was your weekend?



{Fried zucchini sticks and garlic fries . . . they're vegetables, right??!}







19 comments:

  1. great pix!! I felt like I was there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love the carnival :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahah "smallest horse" makes me think of Lil Sebastian from Parks and Recreation! Good for you for getting out there despite the heat and making the most of the last weekend of summer!

    CupcakesOMG!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go there and all that food nomnomnomm ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that a root beer float? I my, I haven't had a root beer float in forever!

    What fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these photos - the colors & compositions are beautiful! the last one is making me go crazy tho :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, that last pic looks sooo yummy!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are so gorgeous. Looks like such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WONDERFUL images !

    Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you!! You too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much Rebecca! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! It WAS yummy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much!!! Lol, I know - I want more ice cream looking at that pic too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks! Yeah, it was just a hot fudge sundae, but a float sounds even better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL!!! Did not even think about that - that's hilarious!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Kelly! Me too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the fair! The one in Montgomery sucks though... the only good things are the concerts (sometimes) and the homemade fudge! Maybe this year will be better though. It'll be here mid-October, so we'll see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay! Uhhh, homemade fudge is always a good thing!!!!! Wish ours was in Oct - would be so much more enjoyable in cooler weather! :) Can't wait to see if you decide to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo