Sep 27, 2011

Basically Stocked

Colored blouses
{Button up blouses in sweet colors and sassy prints.}


















One of my many shopping mottos is, that you can never have too many basics . . . which I firmly believe; however, my "basics" have this funny way of changing each season.  Jeans and tee shirts are what most people would consider to be the basics - but I do not fall in the category of 'most people,' so my basics vary with my mood.  (Although I'm always a sucker for a great pair of jeans and a soft tee!)  Going into the fall/winter season, I think I have defined (for now) what I will be stocking up on in terms of wardrobe basics and have been slowly trying to add to my little collections.  Here are some of my latest additions and the things I am stock piling in preparation for hibernation.
What are your basics this season?

Dress pants
{Dress pants in bright colors, plaids and basic black.  Red Express pants here!}

Blazers
{Boyfriend blazers in every color.  Forever 21 Ruched sleeve blazer here!}

Old Navy chunky knit sweaters
{Cozy sweaters in simple shapes.  Old Navy sweaters here!}

Stack of colored jeans
{Colored denim.} 

25 comments:

  1. You're definitely not deficient of any basics - I think you've got this element wonderfully down pat!

    Lots of love from Sydney,

    x Kel

    the shirtdress

    ReplyDelete
  2. my staples are similar as yours! lots of blouses and jeans! also, I need to get a couple of new sweaters for the fall :)

    xxx,

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  3. My basics are definitely blazers. I keep accumulating more and more each season :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos.. It's like we get bits and pieces of a fab closet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My basics and cardigans, and skirts right now.

    I like all your basics here. I've always been hesitant about colored denim but I might push myself to try it this season.

    <3 Rachel
    http://www.dressupsandmessups.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jumpers are my staples. I love yours, especially those blazers and those jumpers, they're absolutely gorgeous.

    Sarah
    xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've said this all around blog-land... i NEED colored denim in my life. preferably in a bright blue or yellow... and a long flare pant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with ya!! I've been dying for red, bright green and yellow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Sarah!! Yeah, sweaters are such a great staple!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, thank you!! Yeah, it's definitely bits and pieces! I wish my closet were more fab - I'm workin' on it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah - I'm pretty new to blazers, I hated them before cuz I HAD to wear them and they were like the business type but 10x more awful!! But I love the looser fits and great colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES!! I am loving blouses and jeans right now!! You can never have too many sweaters, huh??!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol, yeah I don't think there's really anything I'm deficient in - probably quite the opposite - I have way too much of everything!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definetly love your basic clothing. Did you get those sweaters recently?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos!

    My basics this fall are blouses (like you!) and pencil skirts. I am on such a pencil skirt kick!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks! Yes ma'am! Just got them last weekend!! There's a link under the picture them to find them online! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you!! YES!! Pencil skirts too!!! I need them in fun colors though - I have enough black pencil skirts for the next 50 years, LOL!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE your basics!

    My basics are blazers and I really need/want some colored denims!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Kim!! Yeah, blazers are a new basic for me - I was scarred working in a corporate setting and having to wear the worst blazers ever!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice basics!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE your basics. I desperately need to stock up on some basic blouses. I love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I need some more Victoria's Secret dress pants. They're my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You know, I've never tried those, but they always look great on the models and I've heard some good things about them - just might have to give them a try! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo