Sep 6, 2011

A Little Bit Country

Denim shirt summer outfit
{Shirt, Watch - Target; Skirt, Belt, Booties, Clutch, Bracelets - F21}
** Get the look, each piece under $52: Shirt, Skirt, Booties, Clutch

I totally felt like a country singer in this outfit; probably had something to do with the denim shirt . . . and the short skirt . . . and the big belt . . . and the curly blonde hair . . . I am starting to think I may have missed my calling - just need my cowboy boots and a guitar, then throw me on a stage so I can sing about my dog, my tractor and how much I love sweet tea.  (I would highly recommend a pair of earplugs if this ever actually happened!)  Anyway, denim shirts were always what I pictured farmers and cowboys wearing, so I never imagined seeing them paired with skirts and heels, but I quite like the effect.  It's a little bit girly, and a little bit city meets a little bit country.

* Just for the record: I actually love country music and grew up listening to it almost exclusively; and it's my favorite to listen to on road trips - brings back good memories!


Denim shirt with yellow skirt


Yellow skirt with denim shirt

Yellow with denim outfit

Denim with black clutch

Yellow skirt and denim shirt outfit

Yellow and denim outfit

17 comments:

  1. I'm in love with your skirt look awesome on you Dear kisses
    www.preppyfashionist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. Love the shoes!

    http://bresbaubles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL so cute! I would have never thought country singer though - those boots are too bad @ss!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was definitely feeling country in my last OOTD too :) This look is adorable though, so pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the yellow skirt with the denim blouse and the arm full of bracelets!!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    Don't forget to vote for me. Check out my new blog post for details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Love the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving the hair and the smile is pic no.3 is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Leyla!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Stephanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol!! Must be a theme right now! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much Elaine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the color or your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Tabitha!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the look! great styling! u are sooo pretty. that yellow dress POPS! :) http://www.pumpkinchic.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo