Sep 29, 2011

Trend To Try: Red

Seeing Red


Up until about four years ago I never wore red - I did not think it was "my color," so I stayed far away from it.  I don't remember the exact moment I finally dared to give red another go, but I have been addicted ever since and am thrilled that it is such a huge color this season.  This is definitely a trend anyone can try - and you can get as crazy with it as you want!  Red, from head to toe, was all over the runway and easily translates into everyday wear for normal people (AKA non-models and non-celebrities).  If you are brave and bold, try an all red outfit with polished separates or a knock-em-dead red dress.  If you love to wear red, but that's a little overkill, then stick with just one piece - either jeans, a skirt or a pretty red blouse.  And if you are anything like I used to be and feel like it is just not your color but want to experiment a little, then start with accessories (shoes, bag, scarf) or some red stripes.  Pair your reds with black and white, or for a more modern spin try camel and gray, and if you're feeling especially sassy, throw in a little pop of bright yellow or purple.

Here are some of my favorite red pieces:
- Dorothy Perkins Red Tie Waist Mac, $86
- Topshop Knitted Stripe Mohair Jumper, $84
- Topshop Suede Faux Ponyskin Bag, $100
- Topshop Mix Stripe Pocket Crew Neck, $32
- Forever 21 Open Knit Scarf, $9.50
- Warehouse Elasticized Waist Midi Skirt, $59
- JC Penney Cloche Hat, $12.99 on sale
- Forever 21 Braided Bolts Bracelet, $6.80
- Old Navy Breezy Blouse, $15 on sale
- Old Navy Rock Star Jeggings, $35
- Desire Clothing Red Gathered Sleeve Blazer, $47
- Miss Selfridge Oriental Sleeved Dress, $61
- Topshop Swagger Red Suede Platform Shoes, $124

                                                                                                 Source: stephieprice.com via Sherry on Pinterest


                                                                                                 Source: facethemag.com via Sherry on Pinterest



                                                                                 Source: styleshub.com via Sherry on Pinterest


                                                                                 Source: harpersbazaar.com via Sherry on Pinterest


                                                                    Source: thistimetomorrow-krystal.blogspot.com via Sherry on Pinterest


                                                                     Source: zimbio.com via Sherry on Pinterest


                                                                   Source: my-wardrobe.com via Sherry on Pinterest

23 comments:

  1. I am loving this new trend! I need to get a red blouse soon and maybe pair it with a blue blazer? Wish I have a camel blazer though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love red!! :) beautiful post!!! :)

    www.thecihc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://styleandk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red is my absolute favorite <3
    (as you can probably tell by my latest post, hah!)

    XOXO

    ♥, Ette

    www.thriftedkarma.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so reddy hot! :p

    xoox
    teli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red is my favorite color, so you don't have to tell me twice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very excited about red this season. I'm wearing a pair of red jeans today, in fact. I will be posting the pics very soon.

    Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog! You totally made my day. Especially after I came here and looked through your posts because you are AMAZING. I took it upon myself to add you to my sidebar under "blogs i love". I hope that's ok. I'm so excited to make your blog one of my daily sites to oggle.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sherry! I am so thrilled I stumbled on your blog--your style = AMAZING! I am also learning to love red this season...it's growing in my closet, you might say ;) this post would be PERFECT for Friday's Fancies, a weekly link-up I host. You can hop over tomorrow and add this post if you like! I'd love to have you :) have a fabulous Thursday, pretty girl! xoxo {av} | {long distance loving}

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never used to like red either, but I love it now. I'm really considering getting some red pants this year.

    <3 Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay!! You definitely should!!! Express has some fantastic red dress pants right now!! I just got the wide leg editors!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!!! YAY!!! I'm so glad you found me too!!! I am loving your blog and I would be more than happy to link up tomorrow!!! Thanks so much for your sweet comment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just saw your red jeans and they are FABULOUS! Love them! You are more than welcome and I really love your blog and am so happy I found you! Of course that's ok you added me - thank you so much!!! :) And thank YOU for your comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol!! Yay for red!! I love that bag you posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YES!!! That would be fantastic!! Are you talking royal blue or navy blue?? Either way - GORGEOUS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've always been a huge fan of red! I'm especially diggin the head to toe red which I've been seeing everywhere! Perhaps one day I'll have the kahunas to do it... :)


    Dirty Pink Cardigan


    :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lol!! I know - it definitely does take some kahunas to wear all red - you'll get noticed for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love to wear red nailpolish - I have 5 shades! My current favorite is "lollipop" by essie - it's the shade olivia palermo is often seen wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am loving that red blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Definitely love red polish!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo