Sep 13, 2011

Trying To Transition

Summer to fall outfit
{Top - Ann Taylor Loft; Necklace, Skirt, Bracelets - F21; Booties - Qupid}



**Get a similar look, each piece under $32: Top, Skirt

I was finally in the mood for fall after the rain and cooler temperatures this weekend, but the mood quickly passed as it was back to the 90's yesterday.  I figured the best way to try transition to fall when it still feels like the middle of summer, is with color, instead of loading up on the layers.  So I went with lightweight pieces in my favorite fall color combo - plum, mustard and brown.  The rich colors just seem like the epitome of autumn and the school girl lace-up booties sealed the deal.  What's your ideal summer to fall transitional outfit?

Plum and mustard outfit

Mustard and plum transition outfit

Mustard and plum outfit

Fall transition outfit

21 comments:

  1. simply stunning color combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!
    It gives the vibe of early Fall and I love it.
    I would never have thought to combine plum and mustered together, but now I think I will have to. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own not a single thing in any of these colors, but after seeing this amazing outfit I think I am going to be on the hunt for anything in those colors, love that color combo!!
    jess
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours. I love this outfit on you!

    xo L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol! Thank you! I know - it's only been in the last couple yrs that I've actually owned anything in these colors! Now I'm addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Zara!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much Megan!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Gail!!!! Love you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this whole outfit, but your shoes are just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you really have colour blocking down to a T! gorgeous post from a gorgeous lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your booties! This will be a great addition for fall. New post up on my site.
    xx
    Shellena
    mintalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for coming by my blog I'm so glad you found me through J! I just browsed your first page and really love your style - this outfit is sooo cute, perfect color combination! I'm with you, it's still hot here so transitioning is hard. I've been trying to make the most out of it and wear all my summer dresses while I still have the chance : ) You pull it off beautifully and simply though in your earth-tones and booties!
    Following you : )
    http://somethingoldmeetssomethingnew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, you are too sweet! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks!! Yay! Will definitely check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! Thank you so much for visiting and following! I appreciate it so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it, Love it Love it! Such a great idea on color combos. Your pictures always look so great!

    Annalee
    www.asqueezeoflime.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw thanks so much Annalee!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Partikularrak PartikularrakSeptember 15, 2011 at 9:23 AM

    I love your purple top.xx
    http://enarasthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo