Sep 26, 2011

Unplanned Priorities

Olive shorts and lavendar blouse
{Top - Cotton On; Shorts - Target; Shoes - Aldo}

** Get a similar look, each piece under $38: Top, Shorts, Shoes

After a stressful week*, it was so relieving to have a lazy weekend with absolutely no plans and nothing that we had to do.  Which was totally out of character for me, as I usually like to have at least ideas of what I want to do; if not an entire agenda typed up and laminated for everyone . . . ok, I'm not that bad, but I do like to have things planned out in my head a little bit.  I have been trying to unplug a bit more on the weekends to take a break from the internet/blogging, so it was nice to take some pressure off myself and focus on more important things, like all the sleep I lost during the week, finishing the last of the chocolate cake and all the shopping I needed to catch up on.  Don't judge - you know your priorities are sleep, chocolate and shopping too after a stressful week!!!!

* I found out Monday that I was going to have a dreaded unemployment phone call late Friday afternoon, so I got to freak out wait ALL week with no clue as to what was going on or what I was supposed to be 'prepared for,' but of course gave myself ulcers imagining the worst possible scenarios because I'm just so calm, cool and collected with stuff like this!  It's all good though - 'Operation: Phone Call' is complete.

Olive and lavendar outfit


Olive shorts outfit


Lavendar blouse with olive shorts

23 comments:

  1. Love those shoes!!they look so MiuMiu (my fav.)
    Wish you a lovely week!
    Vale & viola

    www.cashmeremama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color palette!! Love the top, love the nude heels!!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything worked out in the end and that you were able to relax this weekend! I'm sure you looked fabulous no matter what happened! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this color combo! Your legs look a mile long in those shorts :)

    Yes, weekends are times to chill, sleep, eat chocolate and shope for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look incredible! Ugh I hate the unknown, I tend to make myself anxious for no reason so I feel for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the olive green shorts with the feminine purple top. Very pretty. The shoes are also so adorable. I'm in the market for some nude pumps.

    <3 Rachel
    http://www.dressupsandmessups.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw thank you so much Elaine!!! :) I have been trying to learn to just calm down and be patient but usually just freak out first and think later!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much!!! :) YES - totally agree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Stephanie!!! Yes, I was definitely able to relax - it was much needed!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Andrea!!! Hope you have a fantastic week as well Love!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the outfit! And that it's budget friendly!

    http://peridotkutie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sherry, I love your outfit! It looks great on you!

    Sleep, chocolate, and shopping-who doesn't want that as their priority after a stressful week?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this combination - that blouse is gorgeous!!

    http://somethingoldmeetssomethingnew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much Amanda!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Kim!! Lol, yeah - that's really all I can think about when I'm stressed - anything to get my mind off reality!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Summer!! Yeah - budget friendly is always a good thing!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So formal!! I love it!

    You are a fashion goddess!

    XOXO

    ♥, Ette

    www.thriftedkarma.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awwwww!!!! You are too sweet! Thank you so much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I need to get a pair of nude shoes like that. I love how they spice up any outfit!! You look Fab!!

    Xo!
    Sheryl

    www.walkinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you!! I know - nude heels are the cat's meow!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Never would have thought to pair something like this together... great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks Love!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo