Sep 19, 2011

Weekend Safari

Old Navy Safari vest
{Vest - Old Navy; T-shirt, Watch - Target; Glasses, Necklace, Bracelets, Skirt, Clutch - F21; Shoes - Aldo}

** Get a similar look, each piece under $50: Vest, T-shirt, Skirt, Shoes

No, I did not go on a safari this weekend . . . unless you consider a run to Target for mouthwash or thrift store shopping a safari; which, come to think of it, is probably about the closest I will ever get to actually going on a safari.  So we finally had a more low-key weekend that started off with lunch with some girlfriends and a much needed hair cut on Friday, and ended with a sunset walk and grilled burgers on Sunday.  I also got to sneak in a little trip to Old Navy where I picked up this cargo/safari vest that I have been debating with myself over, for about a month.  I couldn't decide if I really wanted it and if I would ever actually wear it, and then there was the color dilemma - do I get the green or the khaki?  (I know, such major, life-altering decisions.)  I finally decided to jump on the green vest bandwagon after seeing it on Danielle from Just Dandy, and contrary to my usual M.O. (waiting at least two years), I had to break it in immediately. 
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and that your week is off to a fantastic start!

Cargo vest with striped skirt


Cargo vest outfit


Green vest with striped skirt


Stripe skirt with cargo vest


Old Navy green cargo vest

34 comments:

  1. Elisabeth @ BargainBlondieSeptember 19, 2011 at 11:10 AM

    You always have such amazing back-grounds to go with your cute outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the lip color with this outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the casualness (?) of the outfit! another one i must recreate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing outfit!love that vest!I need to buy one! :)

    http://chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your skirt!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty pictures, the sunlight and the colors are delicious :)
    Nice skirt, I love striped skirts.

    See you cutie, have a nice day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much!!!! I appreciate your sweet words!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Sara!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, yeah, I guess it's kinda casual, kinda not, huh?! Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Elisabeth!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Naomi!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO cute on you!
    http://www.cathykhayes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! you look fantastic!


    kisses from La Mode En Rose = )

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this outfit! It looks great on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the outfit!! Love the shoes:)

    http://jayannecosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw, thanks Love!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much Cathy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Jay Anne!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the vest! the whole outfit is great. x

    Matina
    www.angelamatina.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have that vest and I LOVE it! Looks great with the striped skirt!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like whole look, well put together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you Matina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay! Thanks!! I need to check out how you styled it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. i love the easy-ness of this outfit.
    that vest is probably so versatile, i would wear it with just about everything hahah
    thank you for the super sweet comment on my blog. i love yours as well,
    be sure to keep up the comments.
    i love input from more experienced bloggers.

    great post =]

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks Stephanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks! Yeah - it is so versatile and I love that!! Thank you so much for YOUR sweet comment! Oh gosh, I still have quite a ways to go till I'm an 'experienced blogger'! But thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this outfit. I have that ON vest and we are in fullblown brokeback mountain style relationship mode. We can't quit each other...The vest and I, that is. Anyways. I pinned this look because I am always looking for new ways to wear it.

    xo.

    Angie

    thehotnessyourmommawarnedyouabout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOL!!!!! I love that!!! Great analogy!!! And thank you!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your jacket is really awesome and make your outfit really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you so much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo