Oct 7, 2011

40's Flair

40's style fall outfit
{Jewelry, Skirt & Belt - F21; Sweater - Old Navy; Shoes - Aldo

** Get a similar look, each piece under $30: Sweater, Skirt, Necklace, Shoes ($70)

One of the big trends you will be seeing everywhere this season, is fashion from the 40's; the clothes, the accessories and the hair and makeup.  With gorgeous ladylike dresses, midi skirts, red lips, pin curls, little hats, structured bags and oxfords, this trend is back in town with a vengeance; so of course I could not pass up the chance to try it on for size.  I am all for anything that makes me appear more ladylike, and this polka dot skirt definitely does the trick, especially when paired with Mary Janes and red lips.  There are times when I wish I had been born in a different era, and this is one of those times - I would have loved living in the 40's; for clothing purposes only.  Although, after having a power outage all day yesterday (hence the reason why this post is so late), I got a little taste of what it might have been like back then - without technology controlling my life - and I quite liked it.

40's style outfit


Cream chunky knit sweater


Polka dot skirt with sweater

Fall 40's trend outfit

Chunky sweater with polka dot skirt

37 comments:

  1. absolutely stunning and perfect for the fall :)

    Happy Friday!
    xxx,

    http://fashionfractions.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Love!! Same to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the necklace!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look so chic and elegant love it
    http://fashberries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO gorgeous, I love it!!! And that red lipstick is perfect on you! Thx for the inspiration :)

    www.socalsophisticate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, thank you so much Abby!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore those pumps! So lovely! Please don't forget to visit www.lifo.com. It is a free fashion hub which includes an online wardrobe where you can create outfits and get fashion feedback from friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute outfit, love the 50's inspiration!

    Nicole Marie
    www.nicolemariewho.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fabulous Sherry! I love the midi skirt paired with the sweater, and the red lipstick is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful outfit! I'm inspired to work a similar sweater (that I never wear) into something fabulous like you've done. :) The shoes and skirt are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This look is simply beautiful! Love those Aldo shoes!


    Wida
    Missing Amsie Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Lisa!! Can't wait to see your outfit!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Nicole!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great look! I would love to wear this to worK!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw, I love this look! You're gorg. Thanks for stopping by earlier! I agree...west elm is a scary place for me and my credit card (:

    ReplyDelete
  20. omg!!!! you look so pretty in this look I just love it. LOVE the red lips....

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look very chic! I love your feminine skirt and heels and your accessories:) Great combination:)

    Following you now on Bloglovin, I would love it if you followed me back!

    Chrysa
    Stories and Sequins

    ReplyDelete
  22. I regret not buying this skirt at Forever when I saw it. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay! Thank you so much Chrysa!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aw, thanks so much Jessica!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks Michaela!! Lol, yes it is!! West Elm and Z Gallerie are dangerous places ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you Erin!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. AH! i love that skirt/sweater combo! TO DIE FOR! i love the 40's and you even did the red lipstick! girl your rockin that look!!
    The 40's and 60's are my ALL time favorite eras. So pretty!!

    kaithuber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Aw, thank you so much Kait!! I appreciate that!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this retro inspired look! The polka dot print is stunning in that color! I would never have that it was from Forever 21, I definitely would have thought it was a vintage find!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks Sarah!! I know, I was surprised to see it at F21, and grabbed it so fast! Lol! ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am obsessed with the polka dot skirt and thick knit on top!! your style is so genuine and aunthentic and i am obsessed!! nudes are my favorite for summer spring winter and fall, and you did a lovely job!!

    nussbaumfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Aww, thank you so much Hilary!!!! I appreciate it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. cute outfit, girl! love your skirt =)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks so much Grace!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo